“Barbecue on the middle of nowhere! Loved.”

Official BBQ & Burgers
Ranked #31 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: We serve central PA's best BBQ specializing in Carolina style pulled pork, the juiciest sliced beef brisket and scratch-made sides.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Barbecue on the middle of nowhere! Loved.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

What a surprise. I looked for Barbecue while staying here for work and found this on Trip Advisory.
Impossible to arrive without a GPS.. You go around farms etc.
I had pulled pork with mashed potatoes. Loved. Price was great as well the portion!
My friend asked fries (i loved the ones i got from him) and biskets and loved as well.
I will return when going there.
Excelent price/quality!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Reginaldo B

Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
“Solid Choice for BBQ”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Sought out this place based on the reviews here and we were not disappointed. My wife and I like to try new restaurants when we travel, and we especially like BBQ, so this was a no-brainer to try.
-Service/Atmosphere- The building is pretty non descript and is a little out of the way, not far out of town, just off the beaten path, with plenty of parking. Inside is simple as well, very functional. Orders are taken at the counter and brought to your table by name, service was fairly quick, about five minutes for us to get our order. Overall very clean as well.
-Food- We ordered two sandwiches, the pulled pork and the brisket. Both were large portions, fair for the price. We also ordered the coleslaw, not a huge portion but well made, crisp cabbage and not soggy or drowned in sauce. Both of the sandwiches were solid, especially the brisket, which had a very pleasant smokey taste. I should say that the meat is not drenched in sauce, just a little for flavoring when served, they provide additional sauce if you want, and include both an original sweet tomato based sauce and a vinegar based carolina style sauce.
-Overall- The sandwiches are a good size, the meat is well prepared, the sauce was not one of the best I've had, but was solid (I did not care for the carolina sauce, mostly on personal preference). If you are in Harrisburg and don't mind a little navigating, I would recommend Official. We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Michael M
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We were in Harrisburg for a soccer tournament and found this hidden gem by doing some internet surfing. The burger was awesome, super juicy with melt in your mouth bacon. Portions were huge. We shared a pork bbq sandwich, burger and large fries between me, my husband & two growing boys. Friendly staff and clean casual atmosphere. We will definitely stop by next time we are in the area.

1 Thank Jessica V
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Great Bcue in Harrisburg”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Recently the Harrisburg area has had the opening of a number of very god barbecue restaurants. Having lived in Texas for a long period of time - I usually rate these bcue joints on the quality of their beef barbecue. Official barbecue has the best beef barbecue I have tasted in a long time. The side dishes of home made beans, slaw and fries are first rate. The others at my table raved about the pork barbecue too. If you are in our area, you need to try this place. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank jnacc50
Camp Hill
“A restaurant is not a place for a TV”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have trying to eat at this restaurant for several months. But it is in the middle of nowhere several miles from my home. One would just not pass it but the reviews were good and I like BBQ. I was disappointed. The staff just works there! The ribs were not meaty for the price. The cornbread was good but that was an extra charge. There were lots of fries. I wonder about the authenticity of this place. There was official Carolina sauce-which Carolina?? So it was expensive for what you get, out of the way, and bothersome to have the TV playing. What ever happened to music?-The Carolina Chocolate Drops would have been perfect. Not every place should be a sports bar.

• Visited May 2014