“New Favorite Place!”

The Manor Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #56 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“New Favorite Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have had three meals at The Manor and have absolutely loved each and every one. The hamburgers have a flair not found in any other local restaurants in this area. The homemade fries are worth a trip alone. But my favorite meal so far has been the Veal Parmesan with homemade pasta. TO. DIE. FOR. Our party had to request the homemade pasta (an upgrade) vs. spaghetti but it is worth the little extra money charged - simply delicious. Friendly staff, nice upgrades to previous dark atmosphere when it was Pavone's....I will keep recommending it to others and will be back often. Great job, new owners!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Resumegal

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Closest thing to a gastro pub in our area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I have been eating at the restaurant on this location for years. It was first called "The Cracker Barrel"--not affiliated with the national chain. Then Pavone's. Now it has new ownership with a new chef and is called The Manor.
The place is now completely remodeled, but best of all--the menu is new and the place serves MANY beers on draft.
This is now one of our favorite places. I disagree with other reviewers who are unimpressed with the food. I frequently get soup--and the daily offerings are adventurous at times but always tasty.
My husband is a sandwich afficianado, and he loves "The Drunken Irishman".
I favor the salads--especially the Fried Walnut & Panko Crusted Goat Cheese Salad, and the Black and Bleu Salad.
Maybe central PA restaurant goers expect "same old, same old" fare. I found the food at the Manor top notch.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Donna W
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good fries, but that's about it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went there for dinner to see how much has changed since the place was "Pavone's". I ordered the lasagna. My boyfriend ordered their ribs and fries. The garden salad was average. The croutons were a bit odd. The lasagna was a relatively small portion for $12. There was more sauce than cheese ratio. Both the bottom and top layers were burnt and there wasn't much left to eat. The flavor of the sauce was just okay. The hostess came over to take our plates and asked me how everything was. When I said it was okay, but the lasagna was burnt, she must have expected me to say everything was good because she was on auto pilot and said "oh, we'll that's good". Also, they ran out of white bread and brought out the only kind of bread they had left which might have been rye? When my boyfriend ordered his ribs, the waitress asked him how he wanted them done. I found that to be a bit odd. The meat was pretty tender. It was not dry. The ribs were lacking in flavor. The fries were fresh cut and delicious. The service was just okay. The portion sizes were a little small for what you get. If you still want to go there after reading this, make sure to get the fries and stay clear of the lasagna.

1 Thank rock80sgrl
Hershey
“Just OK, expecting the food to be better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went for dinner on a Friday night. The food was just OK for the cost. The Lobster Ravioli was just OK and the Chicken Parmesan would of been better if they would of stuck to the original recepie and prepared it breaded and fried. The spagetti sauce has a nice flavor. The service was poor, we were served our dinners and our waitress never came to our table. No utensils were provided to cut the meat. Waited 15 minutes and had to get up and find our waitress and by then the meal was cold. For the price of the food I would suggest hiring a professional chef.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lisa P
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“No better than Pavones but more expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stopped in for lunch after a soccer game. It was very disappointing because we had heard good comments. My husband's hamburger was raw, the crab cake was full of filler and the baked macaroni was fried. Three cubes of fried macaroni came on a bed of greens for $11.00 which is the same prive as my husband's cheeseburger and French fries. Not worth the price and certainly wasn't close to homemade. We won't be back.

• Visited October 2012