“Excellent crepes at a reasonable price.”
Review of Au Bon Lieu

Au Bon Lieu
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Harrisburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Authentic french crepes in a European atmosphere
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have eaten here several times. I am always impressed with the quality of the crepes and the attentive service. It is not a fancy meal type of place. It is more of an authentic/genuine/quirky eatery that has excellent food at a good price. The type of place that adds personality to a city. Each time that I eat there I feel like I have discovered a hidden gem. Harrisburg could use more restaurants like Au Bon Lieu.

1  Thank bob d

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stopped in here with my girlfriend when we arrived in Harrisburg. We came into a small, quaint, restaurant. We were welcomed by the staff, and seated immediately to a table with a chalkboard top--much to my girlfriend's and my delight. Our water and coffee was served to us quickly, and our server/cook patiently waited for us to look over the menu. I appreciated the vegetarian selections--ordering the Ratatouille--and my girlfriend enjoyed hers with chicken. Our coffee was delicious, and only made better by the Belgian chocolate and strawberry crepe we ordered after dinner. Our cook/server added an extra flair to it by including a chocolate syrup heart with rose petals around the plate. It was wonderful. We absolutely loved our meal at the restaurant and were treated with absolute care and kindness by the staff. We will definitely be dining here again when we're in Harrisburg. Please visit this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Title says it all; all the other reviews on Tripadvisor give many details. The waiter is French Moroccan if you want to practice your French. The dessert crêpes are divine, whether with dark Belgian chocolate or nutella. All crêpes are individually made to order on the spot and ingredients can be adapted to individual preferences on request. The price is unbeatable for the quality of service and cuisine. The décor and ambiance is not fancy or posh. I'd love to be a regular here.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were at Temple University Harrisburg in Strawberry Square for a training session today and took a little walk at lunch to see what was around. Our trainers for the day mentioned a few places nearby, along with a place that had crepes. We were intrigued and saw they had great Yelp reviews so we decided to give it a shot. So glad we did! The service was great and our lunch was ready quickly, even during peak lunch hour. Everything was delicious - I recommend #7, the chicken with pesto, tomato and mozzarella. It was also very affordable. I will absolutely stop again if we are back in Harrisburg.

2  Thank Jean and Matt H
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Paris this year and this restaurant was as good or better than all the crepes I had in Paris. Great selection and the chef/ owner is very nice and personal. I go there every time I visit Harrisburg

1  Thank Amy G