“Great fine dining in beautiful room!”

Char's at Tracy Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
Char's at Tracy Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 593 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kelker
Description: Located overlooking the Susquehanna River, Char's offers inventive cuisine, impeccable service with a relaxed, dinner party atmosphere in a grandiose setting.
Reviewed August 13, 2018

My husband and I were visiting Mechanicsburg and looking for a nice place to eat. We found it at Char's. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere is like an art gallery. We had their pork dumplings for appetizers and they were perfect! The Ceasar salad was also excellent with crisp parmesean chips and grated pieces also. My husband had the halibut special and the fish was done perfectly. I had the salmon risotto special and it was also excellent. The chocolate souffle was very good also but had more of a mousse consistancy. The wine selection was also nice. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Wonderful ambiance in an old mansion with river views. Varied and interesting menu plus daily specials. The generous portions were well presented and delicious. Nice wine list. This dinner was worth the drive of over an hour each way! We'll be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Took my wife for her birthday. The restaurant is right on the river downtown. The food was excellent. From scallops to fillet the food was really good. They even made spaghetti with red sauce for my 5 year old daughter and that was excellent as well (I almost ate it). The waiter was friendly and attentive but didn't go the extra mile. He just did the bare minimum. That was my only small complaint. I would highly recommend eating here.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 571justina
Reviewed July 25, 2018

The great thing about this restaurant was that they were willing to modify their dishes. The fish dish on the menu was very rich and we asked for something simpler and it was no problem.
The steak tartare was superb. So were the lamb meat balls

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Nice place, Good atmosphere, food was quite good. Wait staff was very friendly.

She had calamari, and rack of lamb, which was her first time eating lamb, she loved it. I tried it, and also thought it was great. The calamari may have been the best Ive ever tried. I had beef tartare, and a sirloin steak, both of which were top-notch. The Tartare was super fresh, and the steak was perfectly cooked as well. My dessert was the chocolate souffle. Very tasty.
I'll definitely go there again.

Date of visit: July 2018