“Beautiful fine dining”

Char's at Tracy Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
Char's at Tracy Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 584 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kelker
Description: Located overlooking the Susquehanna River, Char's offers inventive cuisine, impeccable service with a relaxed, dinner party atmosphere in a grandiose setting.
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Wonderful ambiance in an old mansion with river views. Varied and interesting menu plus daily specials. The generous portions were well presented and delicious. Nice wine list. This dinner was worth the drive of over an hour each way! We'll be back!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Took my wife for her birthday. The restaurant is right on the river downtown. The food was excellent. From scallops to fillet the food was really good. They even made spaghetti with red sauce for my 5 year old daughter and that was excellent as well (I almost ate it). The waiter was friendly and attentive but didn't go the extra mile. He just did the bare minimum. That was my only small complaint. I would highly recommend eating here.

1  Thank Justin A
Reviewed July 25, 2018

The great thing about this restaurant was that they were willing to modify their dishes. The fish dish on the menu was very rich and we asked for something simpler and it was no problem.
The steak tartare was superb. So were the lamb meat balls

Reviewed July 16, 2018

Nice place, Good atmosphere, food was quite good. Wait staff was very friendly.

She had calamari, and rack of lamb, which was her first time eating lamb, she loved it. I tried it, and also thought it was great. The calamari may have been the best Ive ever tried. I had beef tartare, and a sirloin steak, both of which were top-notch. The Tartare was super fresh, and the steak was perfectly cooked as well. My dessert was the chocolate souffle. Very tasty.
I'll definitely go there again.

1  Thank dyedef1966
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We were passing through Harrisburg on our way to Maine. We visited the National Civil War Museum in the afternoon and decided to find a nice dinner. What a lovely find!! Char is in a beautiful, old mansion that overlooks the Susquehanna River. We were lucky enough to get a table on the front veranda. We had a lovely blackberry/pomegranite martini and then moved on to some of the most delectable entrees of salmon in a butter dill sauce over a lemon/butter/broccoli risotto and Chesapeake Chicken, which is crab stuffed chicken breast topped with a curry sauce. The service was great!! It was a wonderful experience. We will definitely visit again if we are ever in Harrisburg.

1  Thank ASHendrix