“Just what we needed!”

Char's at Tracy Mansion
Reserve with OpenTable
Char's at Tracy Mansion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kelker
Description: Located overlooking the Susquehanna River, Char's offers inventive cuisine, impeccable service with a relaxed, dinner party atmosphere in a grandiose setting.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Just what we needed!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Dining is improving in the Burg but nothing compares to the beauty of this place. It's nice just to go for apps and sit at the bar or the library if it's too costly to go more than occasionally. You can tell the servers are all very experienced and the menu is very thoughtful. I hope that they change the menu seasonally. Only recommendation would be that they add to the apps options. A nice seasonal cheese plate is always a favorite. The place is interesting and beautiful.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Always consistent, always delicious”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to Char's at Tracy Mansion on 4 different occations since they opened.
Each visit was welcomed with exceptional service, delicious food, and perfect drinks.

Pensylvania
“Still my favorite”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Despite the relocation from cozy Shipoke, Char's remains wonderful. The library is worth stopping in early for a cocktail. The decor is very warm and comfortable for a private conversation. The cocktails were perfect and generous.
Dinner was lovely in the new dining room. Not the metropolitan feel of the lox place but beautiful nonetheless with original art and sculpture. The food was marvelous and the risotto special did not disappoint as usual.

New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
“Memorable, for all the right reasons”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Best restaurant in Harrisburg (I would say in Central PA)!
My dinning experience with my Mother in November was just as good as my review about our wedding which I've gone into more detail below.

We had our wedding at Char's December 16th, the entire event was amazing. Such a perfect location for an intimate event, we had abut 50 guests.
From the start of the planning process Shana was a true gem. Answering every question promptly and working with me us to make our day turn out just as we envisioned. She is the BEST!! And Chef Ron Canady blew our guests away with his simply divine food... DEVINE I tell you!
I must be honest when I say the comment I get the most about our day was how outstanding the service was, all of the servers and bartenders went above and beyond to make all of our guests comfortable and nothing was too much for them. They really made for a memorable night.
Lastly I must say the space Char has created at Tracy Mansion has a fabulously warm atmosphere all of the artistic details in the handblown glass, ironwork, and woodwork allows you to feel at home as you relax and enjoy a meal you will never forget.

2 Thank ErikaSharon
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“An outstanding dining experience”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was an absolutely outstanding experience, from walking in the door to leaving. Everything was better than expected, Char greeted us and was very personable, We were in early seating (6:30) so table was ready and waiting. Every seat in the house was set for dinner awaiting guests, including every bar seat. When we left at 8:30 all seats were filled, and many people were waiting in the library area.

Our waiter was exceptional, very down-to-earth and friendly, providing perfect service. Wine and drinks (bellini) were excellent. Food was superb. Oysters, Walleye, lasagne, osso bucco, could not have been better. Choc souffle was among best desserts ever. Cappuccino was super! Only suggestion would be to increase size of 'small' plates by one or two bites.