“Chill”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Third St
Transit: We are just one block from the CAT Transfer Center on 2nd and Market and just one block from the Greyhound and Amtrak Station on 4th and Market.
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, music, and food very much. Server was excellent at up selling on food and drinks. Entertainment fit the atmosphere. Will definitely return.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

MoMo's is very casual dining. Basically, it is a bar that serves food. Yes, they have booths for dining. You probably want to go when they have a band because the music can be good and they have some interesting beers on tap. Service is okay. As for the food, some of it is fair to good, like the pulled pork BBQ and ribs, but avoid the (dry) chicken. Most sauces are good, assuming they remember to put them on the table. Though not expensive, the food is a bit higher priced than I regularly care to pay, so finding a Groupon for MoMo's is always a winner in my house.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

First visit was with friends for lunch. The service was prompt and everyone enjoyed their lunch. Went a second time to hear live music with the family including grandma and the kids. Everyone felt comfortable and all enjoyed their meals. The server was very attentive. I'm not a big fan of smoked meats but their house made sauces are delicious. Here's some of the faves/not so faves of the folks I dined with:
Yays:
Chili- picky 10 yr old loved it
Corn bread- thumbs up with kids and adults
Ribs - My kids loved their ribs and Kc Thick-N-Sticky sauce
Pulled Pork Sand - Friend & Grandma loved it and the house made chips
Tennessee Round Steak (BBQ Bologna) - friend loved it
Good Sauces tried: Alabama white/Jalapeno Peach/Kc Thick-N-Sticky/ Sweet Caroline, all yummy!
Naws:
Brunswick Stew- tastes like the bq meat with corn.
Half Chicken - the smoked meat looked under cooked so I covered it with sauce
Mac & Cheese- looked and tasted like boxed velveta
Both visits were pleasant and I know I'll be back again for lunch AND dinner with the family. The kids say it's one of their new favorite restaurants.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I dropped in on Friday night on a whim and were quite pleasantly surprised at this BBQ joint in downtown Harrisburg. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside we found good beer and BBQ.

My husband's pulled pork sandwich was excellent. It was fall-off-the-bone tender, served with crunchy homemade potato chips. The potato chips were so good, I kept stealing them from him. I had the 1/2 rack of St. Louis ribs with Tangy Texas sauce and 1/4 chicken. Both were very good. I especially like that they had so many sauces to choose from since I don't really like sweet sauces.

As an added bonus, they had live blues music that started at 8pm. As others have mentioned, they also have a wide selection of craft brews, if you are into that type of thing. I'm not a big drinker so I won't be reviewing their beer menu.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for BBQ or just dinner in Harrisburg, Momo's is a great pick, especially if it is over the weekend when they have live music.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We heard many good reviews for MoMo's and finally decided to try it out...we are hooked! Our server Paul was excellent and made great recommendations based on what we were looking to eat. We tried the loaded baked potatoes - OMG...fabulous. My husband and I each got dinners and the portions were huge. The foods tasted just as good the next night. We tried a few different sauces and really liked the House Carolina sauce, thick & sticky and mango habenero sauce. The beer menu was extensive. Can't review the desserts because we had absolutely no room for more food. MoMo's is a must go!!!