“Delicious!” 5 of 5 bubbles

MoMo's BBQ and Grill
Ranked #204 of 533 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Third St
Transit: We are just one block from the CAT Transfer Center on 2nd and Market and just one block from the Greyhound and Amtrak Station on 4th and Market.
New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came to PA from NY for a relaxing time and I went on Tripadvisor for our source to great local food...we found it!

Brian was our waiter, he was fantastic which always makes a place to eat shine to me, not that the food needed any help.

I got the pulled pork platter with mango habanero sauce and the maple (smoked something?), I loved both but the mango habanero is #1!!! So good.

Hubby had the platter with 3meats and the KC sauce and white sauce, both amazing.

Also, if u love the sweet potato go for sweet potato tots...can I say genius?!?!?!!!! LOVE this place and will be back, maybe tomorrow before we head home ;)

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great food; great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a local place on our vacation from Atlanta. I read the great reviews so we decided to try it. I'm glad we did! The food was excellent. I had the Big Hawg plate so I could try the ribs, pork, brisket, and chicken. Wow! It was all great. Service was fast, friendly, and laid-back. The price was on par with what should be expected with food of this quality. There was a solo guitarist/singer there; he was loud enough to be heard but not so loud that my wife and I couldn't carry on a conversation. If we didn't live 10 hours away, we'd be back.

Winnipeg, Canada
“Unreal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Probably the best ribs and brisket I've ever had! Smoked peroggies were really good. Wings were delicious! Our server was really nice and helpful. We were there on Friday night so there was a live blues band, just a great time! Wish I didn't live 25 hours away cuz I'd be back for sure!

Marlton, New Jersey
“YUMMMMMM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and 5 yr. old went to MoMo's on Sat Sept. 1st. The food was fantastic. My husband and I both had the special, burnt ends brisket platter. OH MY, when I say fantastic that does not do it justice and the homemade Mac and cheese was the BEST we had ever had.
If you like beer this is the place to go, they had a chalk board that took up an entire wall with over 100 different beers.
The staff was so great, we needed help on deciding which sauce to go our our brisket, they have about 12 different ones to choose from. Our waiter was helpful and right on the mark with his pick! If we are ever back in Harrisburg again we will so be stopping back at MoMo's!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Decent food, good beer. Nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I'd never been to Momo's, but I have heard people raving about it. So when I happened upon a coupon for the place, I took the family for lunch.

The bottled beer selection is tremendous. They have a binder of maybe 100 pages printed from the web to describe each beer they have in stock (the book is a little amateurish, but it's better than just a straight list of beer names). They also have a fairly decent number of craft beers on tap.

Our server was friendly, attentive, and prompt. Our food was all very good - no complaints, and we were all content with the quality of our meals. A meat platter consists of a pile of whatever meat you order - pork, beef brisket, or whatever - with two sides and a piece of cornbread. Momo's makes a number of unique custom sauces, and you get to choose two when you order a platter, as well.

I had the 3Cs (mole based) and Alabama White (mayo base with pepper) sauces, and they were both excellent. My brisket was a little dry, so the sauce really rescued the meal.

I live in the area, and now that I've had my first taste of Momo's, I'm ready to return.

• Visited August 2012