La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I'm a La Quinta regular and I plan to stay with the chain whenever I can. Unfortunately, the Harrisburg location was the worst one so far.

I was quite happy with the accommodations. I know La Quinta is in the business of buying locations from other owners and bringing them up to speed; this one shows some signs of prior owner neglect--spotty carpeting in halls, odd door plaques where I guess room numbers used to be before the La Quinta brand room numbers went on the walls. The rooms were a little less spacious than others in the chain, but still comfortably furnished, clean as a whistle, and provided with free wireless internet--always a plus.

The desk staff were faultlessly friendly, efficient and helpful.

Where the place failed utterly was the breakfast. I am quite fond of the cook-your-own-on-the-flip-iron waffles, and I determined I would indulge in one despite my dietary restrictions. Well, the waffle was as expected, the butter was creamy, but the syrup tasted bitter and off-tone. Then I tried to get my protein with a hard-cooked egg, but the first bite was horrid--mealy, dry, and bitter-tasting. I choked it down, discarded the rest, and spent the remainder of the day wondering if I ought to have spat it out to avoid gastric distress-fortunately no such tummy trouble developed.

I did communicate those troubles with the front desk. Hope they can invest in better syrup and perhaps they ought to keep those eggs on ice? Well, the coffee was OK and I suppose the bagels and OJ were palatable--some things are hard to mess up.

I did note a good number of guests with dogs in the hotel, and thought it was nice of them to accommodate our pets.

Room Tip: Our room, 301, was on the side furthest from the highway and the access road; might be good for nois...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience at this dog friendly hotel. We traveled with our two dogs and it's always nice to know La Quintas accept them without a fee. The only sad part is the irresponsible pet owners that leave dog feces all over the outside so I would recommend the hotel put a trash and bags out there for these ridiculous people.

The hotel was very clean and modern. The pool was clean and warm. The breakfast was normal with cereal, bagels and waffles. It is only 10 minutes from Hershey's attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Traveling with 2 dogs makes it hard to find a nice place to stay. Restaurant nearby, Clean, Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi, AM Breakfast free, what more could you ask for. Nice folks at the desk. Large lobby and the room was comfortable. Large flat screen TV

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We've stayed in a number of La Quinta's around the country which usually have an above average architectural style and room decor. Apparently La Quinta has changed their strategy - this was a newly built location, but for me everywhere I looked, I saw very basic styling and materials, evident even to the cheap facial tissues. The colors were bleah! - orange everywhere. But what about the room comfort - that was ok. Very clean. Noise level ok - heard a few smaller trucks driving by locally - not interstate traffic. One reason for selecting this hotel was that they had a pool and most desirably a hot tub. The pool water was a little cooler than desired so we headed to the hot tub. What a joke. The water temperature was close to normal shower water temperature, and the jets were more like someone squirting water out of their mouth. So after a short time there we disappointingly heading for the room. The breakfast was average at best - no hot eggs, only cold and boiled. But they had our favorite brand of yogurt Yoplait. On the positive side, next door is a family restaurant where we had a fabulous meal - salisbury steak with gravy and onions, mashed potatoes and gravy, tossed salad, coconut custard pie!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Smithtown, New York, USA
Reviewed December 10, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My disabled son and self will probably stay here when we make our 3 hr trip to Hershey for his medical management assistance. We are sold by cleanliness, size and accessibility of room----simply perfect for wheelchair and makes life much easier. This room and quietness and friendliness makes life away from home much more tolerable......thank you and looking forward to breakfast!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is pet friendly. Dogs were barking from 6:30am until 11pm. Front desk told us the hotel is pet friendly and that is to be expected. Seriously, walking down the hallways was like walking through Petsmart. If you are looking for a quiet stay, choose another hotel. The room was clean but had a slight wet dog smell.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family