“Nice place to stay for Hershey Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Nice place to stay for Hershey Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Everything was very nice. Employees were very accommodating and pleasant. Breakfast was good, room was clean, beds were comfortable. I would definitely recommend it if you are going to Hershey Park. Very easy to get to, about 10 minutes away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice! The whole place has been updated and has very nice decor. It's in a great location right off of the highway. We thought something was wrong with the AC and the guy running the front desk was there to check it out in 5 minutes. We did miss breakfast by 10 minutes and the lady cleaning up didn't even offer to get us anything- that would be the only minus I have, otherwise it was a wonderful nights sleep as the beds were so comfortable and the pillows were great! I will stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

When we walked into the lobby, we all gasped, "this place is so modern!". It had a brand new feel to it with a cool design. Rooms were clean. Bed was comfortable. Great value. Very friendly staff. 5 mile drive to hershey park.

• Stayed July 2013
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We liked this place for a quick overnight near Hershey. We were on our way back from a trip to NYC and wanted to find a cool place to stay for our 5 & 8-yr old kids. The hotel is easy off/on the Penn Turnpike, and the price was reasonable for a hotel of this type. It was clean, had a nice (although crowded, not the hotel's fault) pool, well appointed rooms and a nice breakfast area. The service was good.

All in all, this was a winner for a one-night stay at a hotel of this ilk. I'd stay again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nice, clean hotel which looks like it has been recently renovated.

Reception staff seemed a little surly, especially when we were given an unsuitable room, but that was quickly rectified, so no real complaints.

Hotel does seem to be in the middle of nowhere and we struggled to find somewhere to eat - ended up at the family restaurant in the parking lot, which wasn't great.

Ponce Inlet, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our one night stay at this location was wonderful. We have a small pet and are somewhat limited in options during our yearly Fl to Ct round trip. Our first time in a La Quinta facility, we found the condition, amenities, and personnel, were first class.
We were so pleased, we enrolled in La Quinta's reward program that day .......later, after reaching home, I looked into the benefits? of that effort. We payed $ 75.60 ( AAA) for that night. [ which allotted 756 "points" ]. To my dismay, I found out the 'points' required for a one stay range from 6000 for 'ordinary'? to '35,000' for resort quality. Then I saw, you can "pre-buy" points for $10/1000. I thought , $10 x 6 = $66.00 for the "normal" 6000 pts stay is a good value for me at a known entity....... as well as encouraging continued business at La Quinta. When I checked out the point requirement for the Harrisburg-Hershey facility, ( which is an 'off the highway location....'lower end'/ 'normal' , I would think), I was shocked to see it is a 9000 point property???. ( Actually, there are no 6000-8000 point properties in Pa.!
The reality of the La Quinta " rewards " program is, although promoted with a lot of hype , it is of little or no value to the average traveler. USING MY ACTUAL CASE, ELEVEN STAYS ( AAA) AT THIS INN WOULD COST ME ~ $ 825.00 //// AS A MEMBER USING THE 'REWARDS' PROGRAM WOULD COST ME $900.00. I've already invested more time than it's worth, so if I stay in La Quinta Inn again, I'll collect the points .....maybe my future grandchildren will benefit from a "free" stay.