“Great Place”

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
LaPlace, Louisiana
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a great hotel to stay at for our trip to Hershey Park and Gettysburg! The staff was awesome (including Ashley) as she remembered our name and made us feel so welcome. The breakfast each day was so much better than a continental breakfast at some hotels. Also, the burgers on Thursday night were some of the best burgers I've had! Our room was very large and spacious and we never heard anyone in the hallways. Also, there was always a place to sit in the dining area even though the hotel had a lot of people in it. I would stay here again. Also, the showers were awesome and we never had to ask for more towels for our room - we had more than enough. The staff were very helpful at this location.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty quiet. We were at the end of the hallway and it was a walk but wor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
surrey
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Homewood Suites are a brand we like and trust. The Harrisburg hotel provided exactly what we expected - comfortable spacious well-equipped room, with a good buffet breakfast. If the evening meal is not convenient for you, there is a selection of restaurants not far away

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Where do I start, let me start by saying amazing atmosphere! This should be rated a five star Hotel. Excellent service from staff , amazing Chief Ray is the Man on board preparing hot ,fresh and down right delicious meals including breakfast 7days a week and dinner Monday through Thursday. The guest social, allows you to meet and greet people. The opportunity to swap war stories, and connect with very interesting people all over the world. This amazing place is very clean, the pool is great, whirlpool is fantastic and very modern. This is truly the Best kept secret in Harrisburg. Ok I will let you in on a secret, free beer and wine, how about that ! Enjoy the guest appreciation showdown, every 2months for the extended guest. Live -band guest participation sing-a-long. What a blast !!! The beds are so comfortable! You won't want to get up at all. This is my 2nd home :) I live in Georgia and I love this place, we are a family. They know you by your name ...

Room Tip: Junior Suites are great, just enough for single guest West wing is a great location facing the co...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Juanita J
Huntsville, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel rooms were very clean and housekeeping staff provided excellent service. The best thing I liked was the breakfast and the managers reception. We didn't have to go out for dinner because they had awesome food at the reception. On some days the managers would be out grilling burgers or chicken for everyone. It was a very nice experience. I would recommend this hotel and give it an A+.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Staff is beyond helpful. They go the extra mile. Not one person was unfriendly. Complimentary hot breakfast is good and Mon-Thurs, dinners are really helpful, especially to families. Best hotel we've ever stayed at, including Homewood Suites in other cities.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in this property for a concert at Hershey. It was a simple commute and the hotel did not disappoint. It has a lovely setting, one of the nicest breakfasts/dinners/drinks I have seen, and lovely appointments. The staff was very friendly, the rooms very well maintained, and the whole property was nicely done and maintained. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the basketball/sport court. It has rooms directly on it - and those are loud.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed there for a few days on business. The suite was huge, everything was clean, the included breakfast and dinner was OK but you can't beat the happy hour. 5pm to 7pm free beer in the lobby along with dinner, can't beat it! Also walking distance to Pizza and Appalachian Brewing .

My only complaint was an observation. When I left in the morning I saw a tray outside of a room. When I returned from my seminar the same tray was still there. There was a foil seal from a juice bottle laying in that same 2nd floor hallway that was there all day too. That tells me that they don't keep up on a few things.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business