All reviewsputting greenbasketball courtruby tuesdayssocial hourevening receptiongreat hotellight dinnerbedroom suitefull kitchendefinitely stay here againminute drivehershey areacomplimentary breakfasthome away from homebass pro shopsofa bedhot tub
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We picked this hotel for a Hershey visit combined with the Sting/Paul Simon show at the Giant center.

Check in was good. We received a bag with two bottles of water and a pack of four Milano cookies for Hilton Gold status. I suppose the hotel could be a bit more generous there.

The room was, as in all Homewood Suites, clean with everything in its place. Towels seemed better than average, plush and there were four bath towels. Amenities were Neutrogena Hilton standard. Comfortable bed. TV was a good size LG flatscreen, worked well and did not force you to go through annoying menus. Some initial signs of wear and tear, the last Homewood I was in felt newer. Amenities were not replaced on day two.

Breakfast was surprisingly good - crisp sausage patties and a breakfast wrap - basically a tortilla wrapped around a small omelet. Pastries were average but decent enough for a free included breakfast. Coffee was fine.

Check-out was smooth. All of the staff members we encountered were pleasant.

There are two restaurants close by -- the Tomato Pie cafe - breakfast and brunch and a pizza place. The hotel key is good for 15% off at Isaac's Deli which is a little further - maybe a 10 minute walk in the same complex.

Cons. - Weekday breakfast ends at 9, a bit early for leisure travelers so we missed it the morning after the concert. The hotel pantry was not well stocked - would have liked more soups and better beverage choices - particularly as to unsweetened and diet. The hotel was not particularly close to Hershey attractions - not sure why the Hilton reservation system chose it.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are kind of like a motel you can park near your room and access the hallways with a key-might be convenient if you have a lot of stuff.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was a fairly standard Homewood Suites, which is to say that everything was very good. The breakfast was good with the dining/ lobby area clean and welcoming. The service at the desk was standard (not bad, not exceptional) but the breakfast staff were very nice.
The room was very clean and everything was in great condition. The bed was very comfortable and the pull-out sleeper was sufficient. The only drawback our suite had (on 3rd floor) was a wind-tunnel noise that occasionally flared up through the door. Not enough to complain about and not enough to have me not recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am very picky about where I stay when I travel, and all my expectations were met, no exceeded, by Homewood Suites. My Suite was very clean (it even smelled fresh) and the bed and bedding were so comfortable. The room was quiet and I slept very well. The hot breakfast and manager's reception meals were delicious and well-presented. The staff was friendly and helpful. I appreciate that the pool/hot tub were open until midnight...that was so welcome and enjoyable. I have found my new home on the road!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for one night. Check-in was fast and courteous. Our suite was spacious enough for the four of us. Rooms were clean and smelled fresh, beds were super comfortable with high quality linens also fresh smelling. Kitchenette with full sized fridge and everything needed. Large flat screens in each room. Full hot complimentary breakfast in the morning was a plus. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't ask for more out if a hotel. Polite staff, clean rooms and comfortable bedding. The breakfast bar is great with plenty of options and since this is a Homewood, they also offer a wonderful dinner. The fitness center was great too. The the machines work as they are expected. The hotel also has a beautiful and relaxing indoor pool. Everything during my stay was just perfect. Wish all hotels were this good.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business