“This place is awesome”

Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“This place is awesome”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't ask for more out if a hotel. Polite staff, clean rooms and comfortable bedding. The breakfast bar is great with plenty of options and since this is a Homewood, they also offer a wonderful dinner. The fitness center was great too. The the machines work as they are expected. The hotel also has a beautiful and relaxing indoor pool. Everything during my stay was just perfect. Wish all hotels were this good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
bowie, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great place to stay, great rooms, great service, very spacious and free breakfast. Had no problems.....Homewood suites especially this location, great place for family, business couples. Great place to stay, great rooms, great service, very spacious and free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Thank A. E. Joy C
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great Hotel, clean, friendly and the food and drinks are very good. The rooms and beds are comfortable allowing for a good night sleep. Full kitchen capabilites allow you to eat in or go out if you choose.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Somewhere
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels, mostly Hilton and Marriott, but this hotel is the best that I have stayed in, PERIOD. This property is well maintained and immaculate, but the best part of it is not the building, but the STAFF. They make you feel like you are at home and everyone seems to greet you by name. When I checked in I was greeted by Ashley who was very pleasant and accommodating, but at this property it is EVERYONE that is friendly. The next person was the General Manager Brett who showed me another room in case I wanted to change. You do not usually find managers that are involved. The room was great and relaxing. I went back to the desk to inquire about something and was greeted by name by Sara. She was very helpful, and had the answer to anything I asked. That is 3 friendly people in a row. That evening at dinner, both Ashley and Sara were mingling with guests and making sure they were having a great stay.

One morning a guy with a name tag walked up to me and asked how my stay was. This was Steve, the Chief Engineer, and he wanted to make sure that everything was working in my room and I was a happy guest. I told him everything was great and I thanked him for asking. I have never had as many people ask me about my stay at any hotel, any brand.

This hotel is convenient to some shopping, however the closest mall seems like it is ready to close. The Bass Pro Shop is only a couple of blocks away. If you care to go out to eat, Ruby Tuesdays is next door, and there is a great pizza and sandwich shop across the street, along with others that are close to the Bass Pro Shop.

The friendliness is carried thru with everyone. I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank skycam1
Alishia M, Sales Assistant at Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Skycam1 - Thank you for your kind review! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to those mentioned and the rest our staff. It is our goal to be your Home Away from Home while traveling. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. We hope that your travels will bring you back to the area so you can stay with us again. Thank you again for your review!
Syracuse, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hotel held my card for over $60.00 higher than the bill. When I inquired as to why the staff was extremely rude and condescending. The hotel itself was fine, but with the attitude of the staff will never stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Jodi M
Jodi M - I would like to apologize for the way the staff handled the questions you had about the hold on your card. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We strive to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Excellent facility with everything you need in the hotel and many conveniences located nearby. It was nice to have everything at your hotel without going outside in the very cold weather while I was staying there. You get to meet a lot of nice interesting people from all over at the dinners and breakfasts

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TripAdvisor Member - We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad that you had a wonderful stay and shared your experience with others. We hope to see you again in the future when traveling to the Harrisburg Area!
Thank you for your review!
Meadville, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The weather was deteriorating quickly and we needed a place that was about half way to our destination. Homewood Suites in East Harrisburg was the perfect choice. Free Wi-Fi, breakfast and wide choice of channels. The bed and multitude of pillows made for a great night sleep.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Alishia M, Sales Assistant at Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Ronald V - Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites during your recent travels. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to get a great nights sleep! We hope to see you again when traveling through the area. Thank you for your review!