“Excellent conditions”

Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The hotel is very clean and the staff was very welcoming. The staff greeted us very professionally and was reassuring to contact them if we needed anything. The complimentary breakfast was excellent! The place was very clean and there was a lot of variety (biscuit and gravy, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, fruit, drinks, coffee, tea, muffins, cereal, waffles..)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Staff strives to offer excellent service and clean accommodations. We hope to have the opporutnity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend with a discount at 106$ a night. Which is an excellent price. At the normal rates 200+ - The value is very average.

The housekeeping and service was excellent, and I have no complaints. The room was clean, was roughly 15 minutes drive to Hershey Park and Troegs Brewery (One of the main purposes of the trip) and in terms of a clean place to sleep, shower, and unwind - It served our needs perfectly. Free Wifi and a Free Breakfast was also a plus.

However - The walls are as thin as paper. I sleep like the undead, so this don't bother me. My girlfriend on the other hand, was awakened at around 8-9amish by the guy next door who was having a conversation with someone on the phone. She eventually woke me up, and I literally was able to hear every single word he said. I felt like I was in the room with him. To put this in a better context - Later on, around 10amish - I heard a knock on the door, with the call of "Housekeeping" - I replied "We're Good." and she replied "Oh - I was knocking on the other rooms door" - Which should help explain just how paper thin the walls are. I seriously thought she knocked on mine, and was directly outside.

Overall: Was a good place, and I don't wish to really knock it, as it don't deserve that. I just wanted to make note of my one issue. If you tend to sleep in while away like I do, what I mentioned is worth knowing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We are sorry that you did not have a restful evening while with us. We appreciate you letting us know and will forward to the appropriate people. We hope you enjoyed the area and that we have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We try to always stay at Hamptons. This is the first time I was unable to receive either an AAA or AARP 10% discount. Also, there was not the typical refrig nor microwave in the room (yet the rate was $149) The hotel itself and the staff were excellent and it is not their fault

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your comments. Our hotel welcomes AAA and AARP members and regularly has the rates available. Our hotel does have refrigerators and microwaves in our studio suites. They are also available for rent for our standard rooms. We would have been happy to have stored something for you in the refrigerator located behind the front desk. We are sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were traveling through and booked this hotel for one night. It was an ok room. A bit noisy on the highway side....ask for the other side. The desk staff was very friendly! But we did have A problem with the air conditioning, and the tv didn't work after three tries to fix it. So, they took the whole room charge off our bill! Wow! I know they say they guarantee you are satisfied, and now I know they mean it! Rated this hotel very good because they made us feel good about coming back.

Room Tip: Not on highway side
1  Thank Lisa S

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We apologize for the challenges that you had experienced during your stay which is why Hampton has a 100% guarantee. We hope to have the opporutnity for you to stay with us again and experience what we are truly about.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was the best Hampton Inn that I ever stayed at for quality and service. My wife joined me later in the week and she thought the same thing. I was staying with family when I first arrived in the Harrisburg area, so I stopped by early to check out the hotel. Since I was going to be staying for an extended period, I asked if they could assure that I would have a room opposite the highway and they readily compiled. While checking out the hotel grounds, everyone of the staff that I encountered was incredibly nice. I even struck up a nice long conversation with the grounds maintenance person that told me all about the hotel until he had to get back to work. The room was really nice, The only drawback is the location is a bit out of the way, but I am originally from the Harrisburg area, so it was not a problem for me as I knew where to go. It is right off of a major interstate though. It is a good hotel to stay at if you are visiting nearby Hershey and Hersheypark and want to avoid the high tourist cost of being right in Hershey. It is only about 10 miles to there. All the services were great and the people were all helpful and very friendly. It was the best stay that we have ever had at a Hampton Inn and we stay almost exclusively at Hampton Inn hotels or Hilton hotels when traveling.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments as it offers us insight as to the product and the service that we provide to our guests. We certainly hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again when returning to the Harrisburg Hershey area.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We travel in the U.S.A two or thee times a year and we almost always stop at the Hampton Inns. It is always clean and fresh. The complimentory breakfasts are very good as well as the service in general. It is quiet and the beds are very confortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns when traveling within the US. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again when traveling through the Harrisburg Hershey area.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family and I are staying here for business. Staying for at least a week. That's a long stay for a family of four. From check-in, the entire staff have been friendly and welcoming. Front desk staff are always smiling and accommodating. Christina even gave my son a free pack of gummy bears. We have had breakfast here everyday. We appreciate the variety of the food offered and the cleanliness of the facility. Vicki has been super friendly and helpful! She makes herself available and works quickly with a smile. Somehow she manages to get the job done well while still connecting with guests. I can say the same for the manager that often walks around greeting guests during breakfast. He makes conversation with us each day and is nice to my children. Kim in housekeeping has also made an impression on us. She laughs and jokes around with us in the elevator and the hallways. Another housekeeper has passed us in the hallways and specifically asked if we have everything we need. Friendliest housekeeping staff I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gina S

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We value the feedback we receive as it offers us insight on the service and accommodations that we provide. Our staff strives to offer exceptional service and cleanliness. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.