“Great Stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms are beautiful, very clean. The bed was comfortable. Staff was very helpful. Nice breakfast in the morning,although they could use a little more seating there.Would definitely stay there again. We were there just one night on our way to DE and it was very convenient on off the highway.

Stayed: July 2013
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North on your way through the area. We appreciate your comments and would certainly welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I usually know what I am getting with a Hampton Inn, I have stayed at a good amount of different ones. Recently, the Hampton Inn brand has been getting better, and they have been upgrading. This particular Hampton Inn looked new and was a welcome stop on our trip.
A few things that made it stand out from others: the wifi was fast, the shower was nice, and the bed was extremely comfortable.
One complaint for the entire Hampton brand- the breakfasts are subpar. It's time to upgrade, if I am paying around 170 dollars a night for a room, I should be able to get food that is better than the local McDonalds. The fruit looks stale, and there were no eggs left.
Overall, it was a nice stop, and we slept well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North and for being loyal to Hilton and Hampton Inns. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We really like Hampton Inns and select them whenever possible. On our way to a family reunion, several of us gathered at this Hampton Inn for the night. At breakfast the next morning we were impressed with Vickie and how industrious and particular she was in keeping the breakfast room neat, clean and well supplied.

We liked the connecting rooms, the cleanliness and the comfortable beds. However, no matter how comfortable the bed, the excessive road noise (the hotel is in the cloverleaf of a major expressway) prevented several of us from sleeping. Whoosh! Whoosh! Woosh! all night long as every semi-trailer truck went by. This hotel has a major design flaw. We have stayed at airport hotels and not heard a single plane taking off or landing. There is no soundproofing in this hotel.

At breakfast the next morning, I met one of the hotel supervisors, who assured me she would have the manager call me, when he got in. Well, its been two weeks and we have yet to hear from anyone.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep, get a room as far away from the highway as possible or try another hotel. Ther...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank PBell68
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate your comments. I apologize for the hotel not getting back with you. That is definitely not the way that we conduct business. We too appreciate the job the Vickie does for us. She is a tremendous asset to our hotel.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My 13 year old daughter made honor roll every quarter last school year so she had earned tickets to see One Direction. I was able to get 4 tickets to see them at Hershey Park Stadium Saturday July 6 (we live outside of Washington, DC 2.5 hours away). The weekend would be full of screaming teen girls and amusement park fun at Hershey Park. I found what appeared to be the perfect hotel on Expedia – The Hotel Carlisle & Embers Convention Center – just 20 minutes outside Hershey, PA. We set out after work July 5, my daughter and my two nieces age 11 and 19, arriving at the hotel around 9 pm.

There was a line of about 10 tired and frustrated families and only one woman behind the front desk. The phone was ringing off the hook and the employee at the front desk was getting agitated with the callers. The hotel looked as if it had not been remodeled since it opened decades ago. The restaurant appeared closed, almost condemned. The game room had non-working arcade games. The front lobby smelled and you could see pieces of the ceiling were moldy and falling apart.

We moved up in the line, I had booked two adjoining rooms. We made it to the front desk… only one room was available, no explanation the line was still growing and the phone was still ringing. The woman at the front desk said the hotel was 100% booked, then why, I thought, would they only have 1 person working behind the desk if they were totally full?

The girls and I went to find our room, it was a bit frightening, and we got lost in the labyrinth of booked hotel rooms. The grounds were unkempt, the buildings seemed to be falling apart and every building we went into smelled very strongly of mold and mildew (you could see it growing on the walls and doors).

Our key did not work, the girls wanted to leave right then and there but we headed back to the front desk for a new key, the employee working there was totally frazzled at this point. We were not the only ones, two other families could not find their room and their keys did not work. One traveler canceled right there on the spot. My older niece wanted me to follow him and find out what was going on but he had quickly left.

We got the second key for our one room and headed back, it did not work. We called the front desk and were told they would send the one maintenance employee to let us in our room. At this point the girls were frightened, tired and hungry. The maintenance man showed up and let us in with a master key. I asked what we should do about a key for the weekend and his reply “don’t leave your hotel room”. What does that mean???

The room was filthy, the bed linens looked as though they had not been changed or washed in years, and there was mold on the walls, rust and scum in the bathroom sink and tub. It was awful, the worst I had even been in. I’m going to write a letter to the county health department up there, that hotel should not be open to guests. It was such a small room the 4 of us could barely stand together and there was only 1 full size bed for all 4 of us. We were not staying there!
I instructed my older niece to call the Hilton Harrisburg, I knew it might be pricey but also knew it was one of the only hotels with available rooms over that holiday weekend. I called my parents, we might need their support, the alternative was to drive back home to DC and drive up again the next morning.
The woman at the Hilton reservation line had found us a room at the Hampton Inn 15 miles away and only 10 miles from Hershey Park and Stadium, then we lost it, then it opened up again. I handed my credit card over to my niece and said “Book it!”

We went back to the front desk of the Carlisle & Embers and I let the employee know we would not be staying there; she did not seem at all surprised.

We drove to the Hampton Inn, North Harrisburg and were in luxury. The staff was so pleasant, we were able to order food in for dinner and the girls went to the swimming pool. The room was clean and cool and the bedding was clean and comfy, two queen size beds! You would have thought we’d never seen a hotel before but we were so thankful to have this room and so thankful to the staff that made our trip extra special. There was never a point in time when staff there did not approach us to ask if there was anything we needed, the complimentary breakfast was delicious. Most of all the girls felt safe!

Hampton Inn saved our weekend, now every time my daughter and nieces see a Hampton Inn they light up with excitement as the hotel that saved the 4th of July trip to Hershey, PA.

1  Thank Heather A
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We are so glad that we were part of such a special trip. Congratulations to your daughter on making honor roll every marking period this past school year. Please come back and visit us when in the area next.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our family of three was visiting Hershey for a two day getaway. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from the Hershey attractions. While this may be a deterrent to some, the property is well worth the drive. The decor is new and modern and the facilities are true to the pictures you see here and on the Hampton Inn website. The rooms are large in comparison to other Hampton Inns. We have stayed here twice -- both times in double queen rooms, once on the highway side and this time opposite the highway. I was pleased that the clerk at check in acknowledged that they were able to meet our request and place us in a room opposite the highway as well as give us a late check-out. The hotel offers earplugs if you get stuck on the noisy side. Guests though do not want to be offered this concession after a long day. The ambiance at check in was nice in the evening with flameless candles in the dimly lit lobby. Coffee and tea are available at all times in the lobby along with cookies around check in time. No hot chocolate for the kids though! The breakfast was on par with other Hampton Inns. The waffle makers and batter were not though (many people were ending up with stuck waffles) and the juice was watered down even after it was replenished. The breakfast attendant was struggling to keep up with a small Monday morning crowd. I could see and hear the frustration coming from her. The pool, business center, and work out areas are small, yet clean and functional. We utilized the hotel to its fullest for our one night stay as the rates are high considering the hotel is in an isolated area. We love to stay in Hampton Inns as they are the most consistent hotel chain in my opinion. We love the beds and comfy, clean duvets!

Room Tip: Opt for a room OPPOSITE the highway.
1  Thank 2guysandagal

Thank you for staying with us twice at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a repeat guest. We are a great value with less than a 20 minute drive from Hersheypark. Thank you for your comments about breakfast. We will certainly look into the waffle batter and the juice. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was in town to go to Hershey and the One Direction concert with my daughter. I have 8 month old twins so I needed a room that could fit two portacribs. Whomever I talked to at the front desk before I booked suggested a King Suite. It was absolutely fantastic. A nice big room that I didn't even have to move the furniture in to fit the two portacribs. And we could still use the pull out couch with room to spare.

The breakfast was incredibly good.

The breakfast room was large and airy with a lot of tables.

Every staff member I interacted with was friendly and accommodating.

The water got crazy hot.

The room just looked classy and we loved the tv on the wall that could either point at the bed or the couch.

All in all, I was incredibly pleased. Sometimes you had to wait for the elevator longer than you wanted to, but that tends to be the case, doesn't it? If I didn't have the stroller, I just took the stairs which were super clean and didn't smell funky or anything.

I would totally go back again - very easy to access from Hershey park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suties Harrisburg North. Our hotel is just a short distance for Hershey. The king studio suites do offer alot of space for families. We appreciate your wonderful comments and certainly would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed for the Fourth of July weekend, the hotel was clean, and the staff was very friendly. We had no issues with noise but our room was located on the opposite side of the thruway. The hotel was a short drive from Hershey park and about 50 minutes away from Gettysburg. A very nice stay, only issue was there was not enough breakfast seating for the fully booked hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our staff at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We strive to offer great service to our guests. We appreciate your business and would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.