“Noisiest hotel ever - sits right next to Freeway - beware”

Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed February 19, 2013

What can I say, the Hilton website needs a disclaimer
Loudest hotel ever! Constant noise all night
They need to make sure you get ear plugs - mandatory on odd # rooms (freeway side)
People working there are nice, food is ok.
Nice rooms - but very noisy

Room Tip: Beware and always ask for EVEN number room if you HAVE to stay there
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FoodSnob4EVER
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, our facility is conveniently located off of I-81 and some guests, who are light sleepers, have difficulty with the road noise. Our hotel does have complimentary earplugs available at the front desk.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a beautiful new Hampton property and the staff is great. I have to write a review however, to say that you must request a room on the front side of the hotel for a peaceful night of sleep. I stay in hotels 70+nights a year and this was by far the noisiest room I've ever stayed in. I did not sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time due to the very loud interstate traffic that does not slow down overnight. I tried turning on the fan and even playing music, but I prefer quiet at night and it was a struggle. I must say that the staff was apologetic and moved me to a room on the front side of the hotel for my second night's stay. I plan on returning to this property, but I'll know to make the request next time.

Room Tip: Request front side of hotel, away from interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn and Suites Harrisburg North. We do appreciate your business and am glad to hear that you will be returning to stay with us again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a great new hotel, and there is only one issue - NOISE! It can be very loud if you are on the I-81 side and if you aren't on the top floor, people above you are very loud, even if they aren't. SUPER friendly, top of the line staff, very clean, and awesome new rooms and upgrades. BEST Hampton I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose the non I-81 side (unless you like the sound of constant traffic - and some do!)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again!!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and neat. The staff are very professional in their manor and they like to help the guest. I would compare this hotel to a higher class than a Hampton. It is very nice I highly recommend it to any one in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Bones83
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. The Staff and Management take pride in providing great customer service. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This a brand new hotel 10 mins from the Harrisburg Airport. I try to be loyal to Hilton Honors affiliate hotels when traveling. This hotel is difficult to get to from the major highway. Namely, your gps will take you to a residential neighborhood some 10 miles away. And when you do find it it is a maze to get to with ZERO signage. The staff could barely muster the strength and energy to even acknowledge my arrival at the desk. Forget about acknowledging any honors programs. Upon arrival in the room I went to use the sing to find the plunger disconnected and virtually impossible to pry up to allow water to drain. I finally used nail clippers to dislodge it and remove it from the sink. Mind you this is a new hotel. I'm not a hotel snob but I will not visit again. Very nice at first glimpse but doesn't hold up under closer look.

• Stayed: January 2013
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that it was a challenge to find our hotel with your gps. Due to our road being relatively new, some gps systems have not been updated and will take you to another location that is a road not a drive. We do have published gps directions on our website due to this situation. Our Management and even Hilton have been involved with trying to get this corrected. The other signage was just approved through the state, which the process was started before we opened. Our staff takes great pride in their service - which seams to have failed you. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay directly so that this experience can be reviewed.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We go to the annual draft horse sale in Harrisburg every year - We have stayed at many local hotels, but we will definitely return here next year. It (as we have found every Hampton Inn) was sparkling clean - everyone was polite and helpful - shower was deliciously hot and the bed snuggling and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and certainly look forward to having you back again next year.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I had a great visit. We enjoyed it so much that we took an hour detour to stay there on the way back home from visiting family over Christmas. The property was clean, the staff was exceptionally helpful, the room was spacious and all the facilities were in perfect working order.
I travel a lot for business, and this property was more pleasant than many 4- and 5-star places I have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your great comments. It is truly appreciated. The Staff and Management pride themselves on providing clean facilities and great service!!! We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.