Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Harrisburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroad noisehighway sideking suitevery clean hotellight sleeperthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationoatmealfitness centerstaying at this hotelstayed one nightroom was largewould stay here againeasy accessgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just had a great family get together at the new Hampton Inn Harrisburg North! The staff, especially Rebecca at the front desk, was so customer -service oriented! The rooms were clean, modern, and huge! The frig and microwave allowed us to enjoy left overs and yummies we brought. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and even got us some plates & napkins for a pizza party one evening. They recommended a great pizzaria that delivered: Roberto's. You name it, they helped us make it happen. What a great team of workers!!!

If you are using an iphone to map this hotel, it takes you to the wrong hotel-the downtown hotel. Use another mapping system or go by the driving directions Hampton provides on it's site.

Room Tip: the suites were huge! Try to get a room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa F
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for chosing the Hampton Inn for your family get together. We appreciate your wonderful comments. Our staff takes pride in giving great service. We hope to have you come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have nothing bad to say. This hotel is awesome! The room was very very clean. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The breakfast was only ok, but I think the problem was that I just wasn't hungry. I made a reservation for a plain room, but we still ended up with a huge room with a microwave and fridge. I'm not sure if maybe all rooms are that way, but we loved it. The front desk was very nice and allowed me to check in early (even after I probably drove her nuts by calling on the phone asking to check in early 2 times if there were rooms ready). She also (at my request) gave us a room facing away from the highway. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda L
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your wonderful comments and look forward to having you come back again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This Hampton Inn & Suites opened in June 2012. It still smells new.

We had a king junior suite ($107 plus taxes), and I enjoyed the configuration and decor of this "maxi-room."

We didn't notice any problem with noise from the interstate.

Breakfast was about average. As a Hilton Diamond, I think it's about time for the Hampton Inn to upgrade its breakfast offerings.

The lobby and breakfast area were, well, bland and almost stark. An expanse of yellow tones.

A few minor things: no shower cap in rooms, toilet paper is cheap and scratchy and the budget towels are not exactly big and fluffy. But overall this is a nice new property at a good price. Hampton Inn is my favorite limited service chain, and this is a very good example.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for staying with us. Our location is perfect stopover for people traveling to and from your hometown area. It was a pleasure talking with you in the lobby that morning. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a great place to stay for a quick business trip in the area; I would definitely stay here again. I requested and received a room on an upper floor on the side away from the highway, and it was very quiet with an extremely comfortable bed. I had a super-early business meeting and they had breakfast to-go bags available before the "regular" breakfast started which was nice, plus they accommodated me with a later checkout so I could come back and rest after my meeting. Room and public areas were all spotless, front desk was friendly and helpful. I had the breakfast buffet for brunch since I'd been up since the crack of dawn, and lots of options, pleasant seating area, free newspapers available. Thumbs up all around.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway, unless traffic is "white noise" for you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive to have a clean hotel with great service. The Staff and Management would welcome the opportunity to have you come back and stay with us again when in the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are looking for nice, new hotel, this is the place. We had a king studio suite on the fourth floor, not facing I-81 side. I used Hilton Honor points so I don't know what the rack rate would have been for the night. I would suggest not getting a room on the I-81 side, as the traffic noise is so loud when you are in parking lot, I would think it will carry over into your room. The room windows did have a semi-transparent shade and then heavy drapes to close ... maybe they would absorb the sound. Anyway this setup on the windows did allow us to open the drapes in the morning and still have a private feeling in our room. Kristina at the front desk checked us in quickly and efficiently. We had a large, clean and spacious room with wet bar, sofa, large bath area and separate sleeping area ... comfortable bed and a very quiet room. We arrived around 6:30pm on a Tuesday night and were tired from several days of touring historic sites in Virginia, Maryland and PA ... so we didn't feel like venturing out again to find a restaurant. Fortunately, delivery service was available in abundance and Kristina provided us with a list of food options and recommendations. I decided to check Tripadvisor ratings and we decided on ordering Mama Leone's pizza. It was delivered within 25 minutes to our room and under $15; it was hot and delicious. So we just hibernated for the evening. Breakfast was the usual Hampton offering; although it appeared that arriving after 9am left less offerings so I'm assuming many of the guests were keeping business hours and headed out early that morning. We only stayed one night as we were on the last leg of our drive home. There is a lot of construction going on in the area and there is also a Marriot hotel next to this hotel. The area is developing and expanding into a business park so the hotel may be a convenient location for business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RestedSister
DirectorofSales17110, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Harrisburg North, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments. The Staff and Management are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again when traveling through the area.