“Much better than expected.”

Appalachian Brewing Company
Ranked #12 of 55 things to do in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I was expecting an okay berwpub as I had been at the ABC across the river and was underwhelmed. The place was great . The bartender was wonderful. The beer was fresh and reasonably priced and the food was filling and again at a good price. I'll stop whenever I', in Harrisburg.

1  Thank PaGerman

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Firstly, the beer! They've got a great variety of in-house microbrew that even my non-beer drinking friends enjoy. Been buying it for years, but only recently been enjoying the actual bar. I have family in the area, so anytime I visit for the holidays, it's really the ONLY place I enjoy.

There's a huge, open floor plan with traditional, high-top and bar seating. I had a meeting there, as it's great for out of town guests. Sends a good impression of the city. Good wifi signal, too. Definitely check out some of their Seasonal brews. Food portions are as expected in America. Big...

Now, there's also an upstairs! It's called the Abbey Bar and it's got a great music vibe! Covers range from free to about $20. Been there twice in the last month. They book both nationwide tours and more local acts. Either way, the room is intimate, and allows for a great fan experience. If you do happen across Harrisburg, PA in your travels, this is one of the only places I actually recommend trying.

1  Thank wandererer151
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Convenient to downtown (on Cameron St. near Market)...the
head brewer (Mike) will show you around if he is there and not
brewing at the time...

1  Thank BajaBim
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I like trying different beers when I travel. This place did not disappoint. Had the fish & chips, wife had the meatloaf both were great.

1  Thank rob5ash2
Reviewed October 23, 2011

As soon as I walked in the door, I knewI was somewhere special. Gleaming copper kettles, sacks of grain, and the smell of freshly brewed let me knoW I was in a real brewery. The beer was great, especially the freshly brewed 666. Ii tried the special of the day, stuffed steak. It was perfectly cooked and very tasty.

1  Thank Sereed842