“The worst food around the area”
Review of City Line Diner

City Line Diner
Ranked #199 of 558 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I been there for a breakfast and I found hairs on my SCR and the fries it was disgusting then they changed it and it was very cold and made me throw pasted then been in the hospital for a couple of days I'd say stay safe and be far away from this place

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A friend recommended this restaurant. The wife & I decided to try it for dinner Saturday evening. Not many customers for a Saturday around PM - but food was good. Had 1/2 roasted chicken & th ed wife had fish & both were very good. Then came dessert & the wife ordered an éclair. Right away it looked old & when she picked it up it was moldy on the bottom - quite disgusting.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The best meal we had during our visit to the Hershey Park area. Yes, it was only breakfast but it was so much better than the restaurants we visited during our stay. Sorry Yelpers...we followed your recommendations on the other restaurants and it didn't work out, except for the City Line Diner. The service was excellent, quick and the food came out piping hot. I had eggs, sunny side up, and they were done perfectly. The home fries were crispy, yet tender and delicious. My hubby had the french toast. Mind you, he's very, very, picky about his french toast and I laugh at him because he is so picky! He loved his meal! The syrup was brought out in a cute little container instead of commercially made packets. The best thing was, customers would come in and the servers would say..."Would you like your usual?" Obviously a hometown place but they made us feel as if we were one of the regulars! I wish we lived close enough to come to City Line Diner more often. Next time we visit, we're coming for dinner! :)

Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you are from the area and know the Colonial Park Diner, this is co-owned by the same group. I have gone to the City Line Diner a couple of times and it seems to be gradually going downhill. The place is never crowded for dinner anymore and it doesn't surprise me. The quality of the dinner meals is just not there. Recent visit I had Lasagna and Grilled Chicken (yes I know this is not an italian place). The chicken was fine but the lasagna was terrible. It would not surprise me if it had been frozen because it was barely warm enough and I had to send it back to get up to reheated. If going, I would stick to basic diner food - breakfast, burgers and sandwiches.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The consummate breakfast diner! And where else can you find scrapple in the menu? Not that many travelers want to find scrapple on the menu, but if you're about trying new foods (and enjoying the best of what you go to a diner for), this is the neighborhood diner to visit.