Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here one night to go to Hersheypark. Location is excellent for Hershey, only about 8 minutes away but the hotel has some issues. Check in was excellent and the free cookies a nice touch but thats where the good comments end. The room was very worn and we had a small issue with what the front desk told us were stinkbugs. We just saw one or two and to be fair all of PA is having this problem. Indoor pool was decent and the breakfast typical.

So while we only paid $103 for a one bedroom suite, I think we will go elsewhere next trip to Hershey.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We truly value you feedback with regards to our location and breakfast. We are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will return to see how we continue to grow and evolve.

Reviewed October 5, 2010

Our late arrival went OK. I was happy to find a small lending library in the lobby, with books that can be returned to any Country Inn and Suites at any time.

The room was spacious and comfortable, but not in especially good condition. There was makeup splashed on the bathroom wall, and the tub looked grimy. One window would not open, and after opening the other, we were unable to close it. The microwave did not work. However, the bed was comfortable, and we slept well.

Breakfast was OK, although the sausage was too greasy to eat.

Upon checkout, we mentioned the microwave to the manager, who was courteous and helpful. The maintenance man was nearby, and he put it on his to-do list.

I noticed that the chain uses the slogan, "I love this Country." On one level, I consider this an annoying effort to get at my wallet by appealing to my patriotism. On another, more disturbing level, I wonder who is behind this slogan and whether they were hoping I would stay there as a political statement or to take a stand against hotels operated by immigrants. I hope I'm just paranoid.

I would probably stay here again, or I might check out another hotel in this area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank passinthroo

Your voice is very important to us and we are continuously striving to improve upon the guest experience. Thank you for rating your stay and providing us insights regarding our bed and area. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

A very good hotel at a reasonable price. If you are going to Hershey Park this property is perfect, out to the light turn left and in 5 minutes you'll be at the Park.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Your comments are important to us as we continuously seek ways to improve upon the guest experience in our hotel. We thank you for the feedback regarding our price and property. I hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and enjoyed our stay here and did not hesitate to stay here again. But this time we noticed a change in the hotel that was not for the good. They still have a wide variety of breakfast food but the quality has definitely come down. But it is still food in your stomach, if you want ot look at it that way. We had the King suite, which is an oversized room with an extra pull out couch. The cleaning staff for our room on the 2nd floor was the worst we have ever had. When we checked into the room, we noticed the carpet was not vacuumed, stains on the TV, bathroom door, both sides, fridge and microwave. Luckly we have learned in the past to bring a bottle of cleaning wipes with us, so we just took care of that our selves. We did notice the bedding was fresh. But after the 2nd day we noticed nothing was getting wiped over, the floor still not vacuumed, sheets were not changed on the bed. We complained to the front desk clerk that evening and were given fresh sheets to change the bed ourselves. After this we kept the do not disturb sign on the door so the cleaning crew just would not come in. We figured if they want to clean our room without cleaning our room, then just stay out. When we went to check out we noticed no compensation on our bill as promised so we had to complain again at the front desk and we were giving a discount then. We will not be staying here again and are overall having second thoughts about this chain. It is a shame because this hotel is right off the highway and 10 mins to Hershey park at half the price of hotels in Hershey.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jstatik

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and for your comments regarding our staff and bed. We hope to someday see you again to enjoy our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

I have stayed at Country Inn & Suites before, so I didn't hesitate to book at this one. The woman at the front desk was very courteous, the pool was a nice size, and the breakfast was a typical hotel-breakfast. What I was disappointed with was the musty smell in the room. In hindsight, I should have complained about it immediately, but we were in a hurry to get to Hershey Park. In the morning when I opened the curtains, I saw mold growing on the wall by the air conditioner. I was glad we only were staying for one night, and I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We truly value you feedback with regards to our air conditioner and breakfast. I do hope you'll return so that we can surpass your expectations of service and accommodations.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

I am sitting here in the enclosed pool area and my eyes are burning with all the chlorine. It is unreal. All of the windows need to be opened up in here.
The bed is very nice and the best night sleep I have ever had in a hotel...but then again I have sleep issues.
The shampoos are in the tiniest bottles i have ever seen in a hotel. there is no restaurant here but I wish there were. We stayed in a king suite with a couch and never used the couch but i heard it is not comfortabl at all. I looked at many hotels in this area and I should have paid the extra for the Hilton.
The breakfast area is way too small for a hotel this size and if you eat after 9 am, expect a hard time finding a place to sit. The only hot meal is gross round egg patties, and sausage. They have a waffle maker and the rest is continental style. there are a ton of children here but for as many kids as there are, the hotel is surprisingly quiet at night.
very close to harrisburg about 15 miles or so, and Hershey is 5 minutes down the road. BTW if you have young kids...mine is 6...forget Hershey Park and go to Dutch Wonderland. You'll save some money and alot of time standing in lines...we never stood in line for longer than 10 minutes at DW. you'll stand for 45 min-2 hours for some of the rides at hershey. forget it...it is really not worth all that trouble.

the internet service works very well. I had to log in many times for school and had zero problems with it.

Theonly thing I would change about this hotel: a restaurant and better pool area ventilation. The hottub is very small also.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ciera1love

I want to ensure that you know that we appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for the insight regarding your experience with our bed and area. Know that your voice is very important to us and we will continue to reach for ways to improve guest experience in all areas.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

In our group there were 4 adults and 3 small children, we had 2 rooms. Every person we came in contact with during our stay was professional but yet created a friendly atmosphere.Our rooms were always cleaned and well supplied with necessities. Linens were clean. Breakfast foods were replenished frequently. Pool area always had a supply of towels. In the evening we could sit in the dining area and bring in food.The parking lot was well lit. Someone was always at the front desk and available for questions, etc. Very nice stay! Would definitely use a Country Inn & Suites in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

It means so much to have earned your business. We appreciate the feedback regarding our towels and parking. Please do come see us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA
6 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA

Address: 8000 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112-9716
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Price Range: $76 - $184 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) Hotel Harrisburg