“TERRIBLE customer service!!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Beware of this Country Inn. After several attempts to make a reservation as part of a block of rooms for a sporting event, I was finally able to reach the person who could make my reservation. Weeks later, I was charged for a one night stay at the Country Inn as a no-show because they booked me for the wrong weekend!!! Several attempts to contact the manager, Kerry Page, went unanswered. Employees would initially tell me he was on the property, then come back and say he was unavailable, in a meeting, gone, etc. Several voicemails went unreturned. Corporate was great to deal with and refunded my money, but not before I filed a dispute with my credit card company. When Kerry Page received my dispute, he created a "confirmation letter" to send to my credit card company, claiming he had sent the letter to me. I never received any correspondence from this man. When I attempted to call the manager once again, Josh told me he was in and he would get him on the phone. Josh then came back and said he was in a meeting. I said I would hold until his "meeting" was over. Katie then got on the phone and said Kerry Page was not in a meeting, but was gone and would return in 4 days!!!! Fortunately, corporate took care of me, but I would NEVER recommend going anywhere near this hotel. I don't know what is going on at the Country Inn in Harrisburg because I could not get the truth out of anyone I spoke with.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CISHRNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we are sorry that our team members were unprofessional towards you. Please know I have addressed your concerns with all of our team members, and have taken necessary steps to ensure that we handle all issues more effectively in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay near Hershey Park that wouldn't break the bank. While there is a Country in that it on the same road and a bit closer, the price differential was well worth the extra 4 miles to and from the park. Room was nice and clean. Offered the basic amenities thyat you would expect. Breakfast was good though they need significantly more room to accomodate the number of people eating in the morning. Waffels were very good, eggs were cold and looked loke plactice. (tasted ok) Overall, It was well worth the price and would reccomend for people visiting Hersey area.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

After spending time in several different Country Inn and Suites, this one was okay in comparison to the others. It was just showing its wear and tear but it was certainly clean and comfortable. In comparison to the other hotels in the area, it was very affordable. Traveling in the height of the vacation season, I would recommend to stay here. It is a short scenic and easy drive to Hershey Park and it is in a very quiet area. The pool is small and was chilly but still nice to relax in. The hot tub jets were not working and it was getting green in there. That was a huge turnoff and very disappointing. Breakfast is good. Small breakfast room but it worked out. Staff is very friendly and housekeeping is very reliable. Would stay there agin if visitng the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Overall, I was pleased with our stay here. I was very surprised how close to Hershey Park it was and how easy to get to from the hotel. Close enough to the park without the high prices. We have a family of 6, so we had two rooms on top floor. Both rooms were clean. Nothing overly fancy or updated, but it was just fine for purposes of showering and sleeping. We didn't spend much time in the room.
Breakfast in the morning was a nice bonus. It just gets very crowded but considering it's free it's worth it. Complimentary coffee 24 hours a day, and its pretty good!
Indoor pool was ok, cold and smelled of chlorine, but all indoor pools smell that way!

If you're looking for a good, convenient hotel near the park without park prices, I recommend staying here. Nothing super fancy, but clean and convenient!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

There was nobody at the front desk to check us in when we arrived. My husband spent at least 15 minutes trying to track down a manager. The room was filthy. The bedding on the pull-out bed was dirty and full of hair, the bathroom sink was covered in dirt and hair, and the floor was completely unvacuumed and dirty. The room smelled of mold and we could see black mold growing around the baseboard. I addressed our concerns with the manager and we got an apology, but we are truly disappointed in this hotel. It's not what we expected at all!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, online customer support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Originally my family has booked at the Country Inn closer to Hershey Park but after looking at the prices my husband and I decided that for a 15 minute drive was worth an additional 100.00.

When we checked it, it was a young boy who seemed like he did not know what he was doing. Overall he was polite. The room had a small odor of musk but not overbearing. The pool was nice but a little too strong of chlorine and when I mentioned it to the front desk he claimed there was nothing he could do.

My husband went out that night and lost his room key when he askrd the front desk it was a young girl that was very rude and unpleasant. She seemed vefy miserable and unhappy and did not look professional with her attire.

In the morning breakfast was great, it had become a little crowded but we chose to eat outside which was nice. When we checked out the girl at the desk katie was very nice. She checked us out efficiently and even offered directions to Lancaster to print for us. Very nice girl.

Our stay exceeded our expectations and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate that you've taken the time to share with us regarding our breakfast and front desk. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you again for taking the time to rate your experience.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked this hotel for 2 night stay. Convenient 15 mins from Hershey park and 10 mins to Giant shopping center. Lobby/reception area very nice and bright. Polite customer service. 24 hour complimentary cofee/tea in lobby area. Rooms clean and comfortable. Kids enjoyed the in-door pool. Complimentary continental breakfast each morning (w/make your own waffle). Breakfast area was a bit tight but worked well enough. Close to Hershey and the price is right

Room Tip: away from elevator which is located in the center of the building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank queensboy

On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and for your comments regarding our area and breakfast. I hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road, PA
6 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn Harrisburg East (Hershey Area)

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA

Address: 8000 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112-9716
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Price Range: $76 - $186 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), PA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) Hotel Harrisburg