“Terrible Motel and bad service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Steelton
“Terrible Motel and bad service”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in and I will never stay there again. First I made the reservation for a suite which is fine. Then they called and said they didn't have the room available so I canceled. They then proceeded to call me back and said they would upgrade us to a better room for the same price, well let me just say it wasn't worth the price. We get in there and unpack only to find out that the fireplace didn't work so when we called down they said "oh yeah we have been having trouble with it" and have of the remotes they had didn't work so you couldn't change the channel. But I think the worst part was we were right beside the mechanical room which was very noisey and for what you pay that was ridiculous! I will never go back and I won't recommend it to anyone either.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CISHRNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we are sorry that our service failed to meet your expectations. Please know I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance team members and these concerns have been corrected. We are sorry that our team was not more helpful during this experience. We have spoken to our team members and have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we handle such issues more effectively in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel was within 10 mintues of all the Hershey attractions and just enough out of the way to give you a break from all the traffic and congestion in Hershey. The continental breakfast was very good with hot potatoes,french toast, bacon, waffles and also cereal, fruit, and bagels. Everyone was very pleasant and took care of your needs if needed. The price is great because you don't have to pay the high prices in Hershey and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for anyone and great with families also because of the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great breakfast. The cook and food was great and very friendly. A++++++ service at breakfast. They make you feel like your at home. A must stay. Rooms were great too. Beds were comfortable and didn't hear any noise through the night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of my family.

• Stayed March 2013
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was traveling on I-81 when I got cought in a snow storm. the roads were slipery and traffic came to a halt at Harrisburg Pa. so I decided to get a hotel until the road crew could clear the roads. I stayed at Country Inns & Suites. It was a nice stay the hotel was nice and it was quite so I got some good rest. The breakfast was very good. The clerk was helpful. I liked the stay and would stay in another Country Inn and Suites if they all were like this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'd have to agree with the other reviews I read on here that this hotel could use some "updating", however that said, we were very pleased with our experience. We had the king Whirlpool Suite w/ fireplace. The fireplace wouldn't work and by the time we mentioned it, maintenance had already left for the evening, but they did offer to discount our room by 20%, which pleasantly surprised me. The place was clean but I did notice somethings that were "overlooked" by the cleaning staff but it was nothing that made me not want to stay. The staff was very polite and welcoming. Overall.. very much worth the trip and the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheridan, Michigan
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The rooms were large and had a refrigerator and microwave. There was free wifi in the room - always a bonus. The wifi worked well even with a full hotel. We had three girls with us and there was plenty of space for them to unwind after a long day of travelling.

There were luggage carts at the front door which were helpful to get our luggage in and out of the room.

The pool had a pool and a hot tub which we used. The pool was not heated (it was indoors) so it was not comfortable for us but the girls had a great time. The shallow end was only three feet which was perfect for our 4 and 6 year old girls.

There was good hot coffee by the door at all times which was a bonus and cookies. In the morning they served a hot breakfast with oatmeal, cereals, juice, milk, breakfast burritos, potatoes, bacon, rolls and breads, and a make your own waffle. It was a great way to start our day.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Every year we rent a hotel room local for the kids to enjoy swimming indoors. I read several of the reviews and only noticed that one stated the pool was cold. This comment is an understatement! the pool water was 76 degrees(I checked). The indoor temperature was 78 degrees I did say something to the front desk to see if they could warm the pool up. I was told that they are unable to adjust the temperature of the water. We were not alone in the complaints about the water there were several other families there they were dis pleased with the pool.
Rooms were clean and large nothing to write home about. Breakfast was good. Had to sign a noise ordnance polices??? When my one daughter left she was approached by a man asking for 15.00 to fix a flat tire. We found this strange and uneasy.
We will not be back for a return stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CISHRNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our breakfast and our spacious guest rooms. I am very sorry if you found that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Please know that the temperature of the pool is based on state regulations along with our recommendations from our local pool vendor. Please know we have a hot tub that is adjacent to the pool that is set for a higher degree than our pool for your convenience. If your travels do bring you our way, I hope to have another opportunity to change your perception around.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg at Union Deposit Road
Homewood Suites Harrisburg East-Hershey Area
Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Address: 8000 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112-9716
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) Hotel Harrisburg