“Great Breakfast and great service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
“Great Breakfast and great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great breakfast. The cook and food was great and very friendly. A++++++ service at breakfast. They make you feel like your at home. A must stay. Rooms were great too. Beds were comfortable and didn't hear any noise through the night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone of my family.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fayetteville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was traveling on I-81 when I got cought in a snow storm. the roads were slipery and traffic came to a halt at Harrisburg Pa. so I decided to get a hotel until the road crew could clear the roads. I stayed at Country Inns & Suites. It was a nice stay the hotel was nice and it was quite so I got some good rest. The breakfast was very good. The clerk was helpful. I liked the stay and would stay in another Country Inn and Suites if they all were like this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Centreville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'd have to agree with the other reviews I read on here that this hotel could use some "updating", however that said, we were very pleased with our experience. We had the king Whirlpool Suite w/ fireplace. The fireplace wouldn't work and by the time we mentioned it, maintenance had already left for the evening, but they did offer to discount our room by 20%, which pleasantly surprised me. The place was clean but I did notice somethings that were "overlooked" by the cleaning staff but it was nothing that made me not want to stay. The staff was very polite and welcoming. Overall.. very much worth the trip and the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheridan, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay. The rooms were large and had a refrigerator and microwave. There was free wifi in the room - always a bonus. The wifi worked well even with a full hotel. We had three girls with us and there was plenty of space for them to unwind after a long day of travelling.

There were luggage carts at the front door which were helpful to get our luggage in and out of the room.

The pool had a pool and a hot tub which we used. The pool was not heated (it was indoors) so it was not comfortable for us but the girls had a great time. The shallow end was only three feet which was perfect for our 4 and 6 year old girls.

There was good hot coffee by the door at all times which was a bonus and cookies. In the morning they served a hot breakfast with oatmeal, cereals, juice, milk, breakfast burritos, potatoes, bacon, rolls and breads, and a make your own waffle. It was a great way to start our day.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Every year we rent a hotel room local for the kids to enjoy swimming indoors. I read several of the reviews and only noticed that one stated the pool was cold. This comment is an understatement! the pool water was 76 degrees(I checked). The indoor temperature was 78 degrees I did say something to the front desk to see if they could warm the pool up. I was told that they are unable to adjust the temperature of the water. We were not alone in the complaints about the water there were several other families there they were dis pleased with the pool.
Rooms were clean and large nothing to write home about. Breakfast was good. Had to sign a noise ordnance polices??? When my one daughter left she was approached by a man asking for 15.00 to fix a flat tire. We found this strange and uneasy.
We will not be back for a return stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CISHRNE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey), responded to this review, January 8, 2013
I appreciate the positive feedback regarding our breakfast and our spacious guest rooms. I am very sorry if you found that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. Please know that the temperature of the pool is based on state regulations along with our recommendations from our local pool vendor. Please know we have a hot tub that is adjacent to the pool that is set for a higher degree than our pool for your convenience. If your travels do bring you our way, I hope to have another opportunity to change your perception around.
walton, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here, hubby daughter and I as a last
Minute pre Christmas getaway to see Hershey and sweet lights. It's about a 10 minute drive to Hershey and right off of 81 so the location was great.
Hotel was clean, but needs updating, bathroom had nicks and was cold. Shower head was only one speed, unlike their other hotels. Breakfast was nice, oatmeal cereal, eggs, bacon, waffles, Danish, but room was small and overcrowded. All in all it was a very nice hotel, just needed a few updates .

• Stayed December 2012
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Wanting to do Hershey on the cheap this wasn't a bad place at all. It was probably a 8 minute drive down one road to Hershey Park. This hotel was MUCH less than all the others but the hotel by no means out of the way. I would stay there again. They serve coffee/tea all day with cookies. The breakfast wasn't bad except the fresh fruit which wasn't so fresh! But they had waffles sausage ceral and breads and juice. Saturday morning wasn't a problem to sit and eat but Sunday was. Everyone wanted to eat the same time as me. The rooms were pretty large. My bathroom needed a little work the paint was peeling a little. I would come back.

• Stayed December 2012