“Above and Beyond my expectations!! Clean, Comfy and Wonderful!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed September 19, 2011

too had concerns about some of the reviews on this hotel. I called the hotel regarding the reviews regarding the mold and the agent was totally honest with me and told me some rooms did have a mold problem but it was all taken care of now. I appreciated her honesty. I asked for a later check out and that two rooms be near the pool and next to each other. We arrived very late on Saturday night after a fun filled day at Hershey. ALL OF MY REQUESTS WERE MET!! I was thrilled. The room was immaculate (believe me I am a neat freak and I checked every crevice. I checked all the former complaints from this site. There was no mold whatsoever. No outdated room at all. The furnishing were modern and updated. The fridge, microwave and bathroom were all clean. The Beds were comfy & cozy. The room was very quiet on the first floor near the pool. The pool was lovely!! no mold whatsoever and it was very clean. There were fresh towels and there was a slight chlorine smell but definitely not overwhelming. It was heated and my six year old daughter enjoyed it thoroughly! The staff was magnificent! Kahla who checked me in made sure my every need was met. Jen the agent who booked my room did everything I asked of her and made sure the notes were in the computer upon my arrival. This hotel has a wonderfully organized staff! The breakfast woman (did not get her name, so sorry) was super friendly and did not even want to take a tip from me-she works so hard and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, The kids loved making their own waffles! Yes the breakfast room is too small-but we did not mind bringing the food back to our rooms. They provide trays and have a great selection of fresh cut up fruits, juices, eggs (not great) French toast, sausage patties, selections of cereals, yogurt, apples & oranges and WONDERFUL COFFEE that is out all day. All I can say is that we Can't wait to go back. Thank you for a wonderful stay! Oh and my daughter loved being able to borrow the great children's book from the library that we can keep until our next trip back which we hope will be soon. LOVED IT!!

Room Tip: Call and speak to a reservation agent at the hotel and tell them how particular you are and they wil...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I booked a stay at this property for October, 2011. After reading many bad recent reviews of this property I was ready to cancel my reservation. Before taking such a step, I decided to write the main Headquarters and the local property Manager. I didn’t connect with the main headquarters, but the local property manager, I think his name was Greg, did call me. I addressed my concerns about the mold in the room on one review and the overall cleanliness of the rooms in general. The conversation went well. He admitted that there are some problems with mold because of the recent rains in August. The hotel has gone through some staffing changes because of the lack of cleanliness.
I am sure the property manager is very aware of the problems and is willing to address them. He made me feel very comfortable about keeping my reservation for October. As we all know, Good Help Is Hard To Find. I am confident that by the time of my reservation, Greg will have found the Good Help, which will keep his property up to Carlson’s Standards.

Room Tip: When in doubt about a hotel property, write the property manager. If they respond, that means they...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Getaway4613
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We wanted to stay close to Hershey and this was the hotel that had vacancy at short notice so we ended up staying here. The experience while booking the stay over phone was not very good. The person on the other end was in a rush to get rid of me and put the phone down. I asked a couple of questions about the facilities and she showed least interest in answering my questions.

We reached the hotel at 3pm (check in time advertised) and I walked up to the Front Desk. The gentleman there didn't bother to look up or acknowledge my presence. After staying put for a few minutes, he finally looked up and said 'How can I help you'. I told him I had a reservation and it was already check in time. He says 'I don't have any rooms available yet'. I asked him when will it be ready. And without even looking up the guy responds 'I don't know. I can't tell you that.' I politely asked him if he could inquire. And the reply was 'Who do you want me to ask? I can't ask anyone. All these people in front of you are waiting. You have to wait as well'. And then he just stops looking at me. I had no interest in jumping the line but this guy was just plain rude and his tone was extremely derogatory.

After 45 minutes, we were finally able to check in. We had King suite and the room was quite big. Had a sofa-bed in it. The mattress was obviously crappy but you can't expect much from a sofa-bed anyway. Room looked pretty clean. Had microwave, fridge. King bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning was one of the better ones I have seen in these hotels. It was hot and fresh. The dining area was also of decent size.

All in all I could give 5 star but the front desk guy and the whole check-in process annoyed me a great deal. So I am going with 4.

Room Tip: King Suite was very good
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband, 3 year old son, my Mother and I arrived Friday evening for a 2 night stay to go to Hershey Park. We have stayed at other Country Inn's and normally have a great stay. Upon entering our room, room 327, we could tell that there was a strong musty odor. My husband looked up, and there was a HUGE area of black mold on the ceiling! We changed rooms to room 129, and that room smelled even worse. Looked up and green mold was all over the entire ceiling in that room. Totally disgusted we went to the front desk to complain. I must tell you that the girl working at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We took her to the room to show her. I asked if she could move us to a different hotel! She tried calling the Hampton Inn and nobody answered. By this time, my hungry son, and all of our bags were in the lobby as we tried to remedy this issue. I asked if perhaps there was a room on the other side of the hotel, thinking that maybe the moldy rooms were only on the right side wing of the hotel. We got room 101 and there was no mold. So we took it, figuring we were only going to be there to sleep anyway.
Apparently they are not into cleanliness at this hotel. On our last morning there I went to get one of the "clean" folded hand towels to use and it had a spot of what looked like blood on it. Not a stain, it was a dirty towel! Disgusted again! Not to mention that the room needed a good sweeping as there were cobwebs in all corners of the walls. Everything was dirty if you looked around!
Needless to say on our next trip to Hershey we will not be staying here. I think the Health Dept should pay a visit to this hotel....I'm sure it would probably have to be closed and get that mold problem fixed!
We stayed at the Super 8 on Allentown Rd the other times in Hershey......We will go back there next time for sure!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SamBamBam
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel was clean and comfortable. We are a family of 5 and were in a regular room with 2 Queen beds. It was tight, but for 2 nights... fine. I think it would have been more comfortable if we booked the suite which included another chair that opened up as a bed. The breakfast was quite good and included in the price of the room. It does get crowded... so prepare for that. There was a small indoor pool that my children enjoyed swimming in. Overall, good for the price and we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Melissa223
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Bedding was very dirty. Room had small bug, Wake up with 20 bug bites. Called corp with no reply. STAY AWAY WORST HOTEL

Room Tip: Asks for a house kepper that can clean
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gregory E
Reviewed August 16, 2011

i thought it was a nice clean place to stay with my family. we got two suites and a room with two double beds. however, the housekeeping services in our room 412 was not the best. first i went to check my computer for work purposes and as i pulled out the chair to the desk on the chair was a pair of shorts that were left by the folks who were there before us. so i brought those down to the desk. than i went in to take a shower, and there on the floor behind the waste paper basket were a pair of undergarments that were left from the previous guest. on our way out to dinner i also brought them down to the desk. at the rate that is charged for the rooms i thinks that a little more care could have been given to the cleaniness of the room. when i brought the items to the desk on
two separate occassions, i told them they were left in the room by a previous guest the response from the young man behind the desk was he was sorry for that. would i go back again, i dont think so.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrisburg
Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)

Address: 8000 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17112-9716
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Harrisburg
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Price Range: $81 - $207 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Harrisburg Northeast (Hershey) Hotel Harrisburg