“Great service, food and atmosphere!!!!!”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Ranked #22 of 558 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether with friends, family, or business acquaintances when you fondue together, you stay together. Come Savor Every Moment at The Melting Pot.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The service at this restaurant could not have been better. Our waiter (Arvin?) was extremely friendly and all of our needs were anticipated. The manager (Brian) also kept an eye on our table to make sure that we had all that we could possibly want. The best service I have experienced in a very long time. The food and service style are very unique and enjoyable. We will definitely return if we are in the area. Even our 12 year old thought it was a fantastic evening!!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We love going to the Melting Pot whether it is for a date night, a special occasion or just a night out with friends. I know reservations are a must, but it's rare that they are not able to fit us in. The manager really knows wine and he always makes great suggestions. The only problem I ever have is that most of the time I'm too full to enjoy the chocolate fondue dessert!

1  Thank Jessica423
Reviewed July 25, 2012

First, I don't like to have to cook my own food haha. I got out to eat so that someone will cook for me. The founder of the Melting Pot was one smart cookie! It's very meat oriented & I'm not a huge meat eater. I got the vegetarian dish which was "ok" though I found most veggies fell apart. The cheese fondue was delicious, could have just eaten that all night. And the dessert, I say skip dinner & just eat the dessert! That was the best part. I think it's completely over priced for what you get. Plan to be there at least 2 hours since there are stages & you're cooking each individual piece of food. It was a one of kind experience & glad I tried it but would definitely take my $100 elsewhere. The service was STUPENDOUS! Our server was the best part, he was friendly, on top of things & had a great sense of humor. He even sang for us!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband got a gift certificate for Christmas and we finally got around to our date night. I have never experienced eating fondue before and was a little apprehensive at first. Our server was great, knowledgeable, and friendly. We decided to do the 4 course meal and weren't disappointed. We started off with the cheese fondue and picked artichoke/cheese dip which came with various breads, crackers, and veggies. 2nd course was a salad which we picked the monthly special. 3rd course was a mixture of pork, chicken, sirloin, lobster, and shrimp with coq au vin broth. 4th course we picked milk chocolate which came with bananas, strawberries, oreo covered marshmellows, graham cracker crusted marshmellows, cheese cake, rice krispy treats, and brownies. It was a nice leisurely 2 hr meal and I didn't feel like I overate. The food was excellent. The server was willing to bring extra veggies, meats, etc if we wanted it. He went over how to cook everything, how to use the utensils correctly, how to turn down the heat if needed, the various sauces, etc. He was very thorough and didn't mind us asking questions or giving his honest opinion. This would be fun place to take the kids and to bring friends along too although it's expensive but well worth the price in my opinion. I would definitely come back again.

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband, son (9) and I dined here for Easter. We had never been to a Melting Pot before. The experience was wonderful! We had a very nice server who was super-helpful getting us started and continuing to help us along during our cooking portion. The food tasted delicious! We will definitely try a Melting Pot near us now, and would return to this location if we are back in the area.

1  Thank PoorTripPlanner