“The steak was very good.”

Sakana Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sakana Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2015

We came in for hibachi. It was really busy when we got there but we made reservations and we were seated promptly. I had steak and scallops hibachi. The steak was very good and was cooked perfectly(medium rare). The scallops were also cooked perfectly. They were very juicy and flavorful. I had a good time and the service was excellent. Will definitely be back soon.

2  Thank LarryZhou1989

Reviewed February 23, 2015

I eat sushi quite often and can tell the quality of the fish is excellent. We came a little late and the servers still seated us promptly and brought our drinks and dishes quite briskly. We also ordered the pineapple fried rice which was served in an actual pineapple. I really enjoyed my dinner here and will be coming here quite often.

1  Thank Elvie A
Reviewed January 21, 2015

Clean, friendly and great ambiance. I hear it gets very busy so I made a reservation for a party of 6. We ended up with 2 more people. When we got there, we were seated right away.The food was excellent! It's the best in the Harrisburg area, hands down! The sushi was so delicious. I like that there were so many great choices on the menu as well. My friends mentioned that Sakana always have special dishes and new rolls on the menu regularly that you can not find anywhere else. I love that! The Mt. Fuji Roll, Shrimp Tempura Roll, ESPN Roll, and Snow White Roll was so good that we order another round of it. We all enjoyed our sakana salad, seaweed salad and gyoza for appetizers as well as the banana tempura for dessert. Everything was so good. We definitely plan to come here again. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed January 14, 2015

Sakana is one of those restaurants where you are seated around a grill and the chef juggles the cutlery while cooking your dinner. Sakana is BYOB; the servers are happy to open your wine bottles and provide the appropriate glassware. Overall, the service was very good. The chef was better at cooking than juggling - he dropped his tools numerous times and often missed when trying to flip food from the grill onto our plates. I ordered the steak and shrimp. The chef asked how I wanted my steak cooked. I told him medium rare - he cooked it medium. The meal was average. The BYOB keeps the cost of the meal down. If you enjoy being entertained by the chef as he cooks your meal, you can give this place a try. I may end up back here because some members of my family enjoy but it wouldn't be my choice.

Reviewed January 11, 2015

Since I was a new customer to Sakana, I didn't know what to expect... When I first walked in, the place looked clean and had very beautiful decorations that really suited the place. We were brought to our tables and got our food right away which was great!! Their ESPN roll was savory with that nice crunchy texture to it. It was worth it; not too pricy and was delicious! I plan on dining at Sakana in the future--highly recommend!!

2  Thank phillies_rock2468