“Poor soundproofing - otherwise ok”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The room was clean & comfortable. The price for the room was good. The breakfast sounded good but we were gone by the 6am breakfast start time. The worst part was the soundproofing between the rooms. We were on the first floor & went to bed a little before 10pm because of an early rise. About 10pm there were people who moved into the room above ours. I don't know if it was a family with kids or just obnoxious adults, but they were jumping on the floor & running back and forth and you could hear every sound they made. Finally ended up using one of the extra pillows to cover my head & create my own sound proofing so I could get to sleep. Part of the problem is the poor soundproofing construction of this motel & the other part is the inconsiderate people who move in surrounding you. I most likely would not return to this motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was OK. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We were upgraded into a king room rather than the queen bed that we had reserved for free. That was nice. It was a non smoking room so even better. A couple of things happened:

We got back to the hotel rather late because we had been at a baseball game. We didn't get to sleep until about 12:30 AM. At 6:30 AM (on a Sunday, mind), we received a wake up call that we didn't request. I don't know what happened there. We were able to get back to sleep after a few minutes.

Later that morning, the toilet broke. There was water gushing out of the bottom and then it wouldn't flush. We reported both things to the desk clerk, who didn't seem all that concerned really but took the information. I hope they were able to fix the issues.

It came with a rather large refrigerator which we used for our bottled water. The room itself was nice and would have been a great upgrade if not for these two things.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had planned a last minute trip and decided to try Quality Inn. The room was clean and comfortable. We were unfortunately near a mechanical room. It was a little noisy throughout the night. Breakfast provided everything we needdd before hitting the road again. I will say, they were full by he end of the night. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Made reservation for three rooms. Called day before to confirm and request refrigerator for medication. Spoke with Mark, the general manager. I have never, in all my years, encountered such a rude person in hospitality. He told me only some rooms had refrigerators and he couldn't guarantee I would get one of those. I asked if he could please make sure I got one, as it was necessary for medication. He said he wasn't guaranteeing anything. I said perhaps I should go somewhere else. He told me to go ahead and go. I asked if he was willing to lose three room reservations for the weekend because he wouldn't provide me with a refrigerator. He said yes. I called my brother who lived in the area and told him this. My brother said he would go and talk to him personally. This guy was just as rude to my brother as he was to me! I called and emailed the corporate office, and they didn't really seem to care much either. Needless to say, we did not stay at this facility. My husband and I stayed here in the past with no problems, but we had never run into the GM. Never again!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS VERY RUDE MANAGER AND THIS FACILITY UNLESS YOU WANTED TO BE TREATED LIKE DIRT!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Newly renovated, complimentary computer nook in lobby w/everything needed, including printer & paper. Clean rooms, comp breakfast buffet, professional & helpful staff, budget friendly. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Our room was clean and smelled fresh.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is right off Interstate 81, so it's location is convenient if you are traveling that route. The bed was very comfortable. The room was average, and clean. The bathtub fixtures were in bad shape, glued on poorly, but the lavatory was outside of the bathroom and new with a nice countertop. The breakfast was the same as the typical continental breakfast, not a lot of choices. The coffee, however, was really poor. It was weak and tasteless, both at breakfast and in the late afternoon when we arrived. The internet connection worked well. The desk clerk was not very friendly, sort of hiding behind a petition instead of being out and available. The gentleman who was behind the desk in the morning was very friendly. All in all this is a comfortable place to stay for a reasonable price, but it does not stand out in any way.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Pulled in during a storm and got a room. First I'd like to say the whole hotel smells like cigarette smoke. We asked for a non smoking room, but it really didn't matter. There was hair on my bed. There was a dead stink bug in the window sill. The entertainment center was warped and molded from being wet. Looks like some other guest left a hair dryer of their own. The room was 90 dollars. We left our bags in the room and went to the pizza place down the street. When we returned there was no where to park because the snow was super high in the back parking lot. We asked for our money back and were told there would be a 45 dollar cleaning fee (of a dirty room!). We stayed and are very unhappy.

• Stayed: December 2012