“Good Value, Clean”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Edinboro
“Good Value, Clean”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Quality Inn, Harrisburg. Both times we found the staff to be very friendly, the hotel clean, and the value good. The breakfast leaves a little to be desired, but overall, for the price (free) it was adequate. Not a lot of selection, but what was there was fresh, and the area was clean, except for a sticky floor. The first morning there, the breakfast area was full of kids, so I imagine that accounts for the sticky floor. The only complaint was not being able to connect to WiFi with my Galaxy tablet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stopped here for a night on my way from North Carolina to Canada. The exterior and lobby were a little dated and worn, but I literally couldn't drive any further so decided to take a chance. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind. I was pleasantly surprised to find my room looked liked it had a very recent update, complete with new furniture & flat screen tv. The bathroom had only received a new shower curtain that didn't close, but that was the only issue. There was no fitness room but I was able to jog in an adjacent neighborhood. The night clerk was also very kind. Continental breakfast was nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I hesitated booking this hotel because of the negative reviews. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was clean as well as the hallways and the room. We arrived 5 minutes early to check in. The front desk gal, Dawn was very nice. The room was small, but clean. Bedding was comfortable. The price was good for a Sat. night during the summer. They need to move the waffle iron somewhere else out of traffic area. There are waffle hogs...
We use choice hotels all the time. In fact I have 3 more booked. So trust my review...

Room Tip: Ask for more towels..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel was clean, we got the adjacent rooms that we wanted. Internet connection wouldn't connect any Apple (ipad, itouch, iphone) product. I got my Nook Color and Windows Phone connected however. Breakfast was good, included hot items. Coffee was awful though...and I'm not a picky coffee drinker but the coffee was terrible!!! I will stay there again. I wish they had an indoor pool! Nighttime manager lady was nice and seemed to have customer service training but the day time one (man) was awful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
West Friendship, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stay in hotels 70 nights a year and have for years. So when I tell you this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in I have seen quite a few. I am canceling my choice membership today so I never tempted to stay at a quality in again!
The should be ashamed to have this in there offering

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Adrew13
Ashburnham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Even though we were given a "non-smoking" room, the elevator, halls and the room itself smelled of smoke. The safety bar on the door was broken off and the wall paper around the mirror above the sink was ripped off. I could not believe they would rent out a room in this condition. It was late and we were tired of driving, so we had no choice but to sleep there. I will be hesitant to stay at a Quality Inn after this experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Celia R
New York
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We decided to stop in Harrisburg around 9pm without a reservation after traveling 8 hours. The service was good, rooms contemporary and clean with small refrigerator. Breakfast buffet was very good; items were promptly replenished. No unpleasant odors in hotel itself or room. For our one night stay, this was a great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family