“AVOID this Hotel. Hotel Manager is NASTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“AVOID this Hotel. Hotel Manager is NASTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My visit to the Quality Inn in Harrisburg PA was disgraceful. The man at the front desk, Mark Hunter, the hotel manager was rude. He was rude during check in and nasty when I checked out. Upon check in he acted as if he wished I would stay elsewhere. He did not offer directions to my room and was very annoyed. I felt very unwelcome.

I needed a pass code for the internet, which should have been given to me upon arrival especially from a hotel manager; however I was afraid to ask him for it. My daughter was afraid to ask him as well.
He became annoyed at my simple request for directions to Hershey Park.
I am a choice privileges member and I am usually offered a late check out. Mark Hunter refused my request for a late check out.
I will no longer stay at a Choice Hotel property ever again. Hiring a manager such as Mark Hunter can only mean that Choice Hotels would prefer to chase travelers away from their properties.
I moved to the Candlewood Suites across the street on North Mountain Road. I was met by a friendly staff that actually seemed happy to see me. I am not one to ask for the red carpet treatment. But I certainly do not expect to be treated like dirt.

Room Tip: Stay at the Candlewood Suites up the road.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Bob C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

We were on our way home from Ricmond VA to Toronto and stooped in for the night. When I walked in the front door the place smelled very bad. It smelled like mould. I aked the rate for a room for me and my wife. The clerk replied $150.00 plus tax. I must have look shocked as he immediately said "well there's a car show on you know". We immediately left. I wasn't about to pat over $150.00 for a smelly hotel. We went five minutes down the highway and stayed at the Ramada for $95.00 and got a suite from a delightful and very helpful desk clerk.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank bluebell55
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

The lobby was smelly the minute we walked in. We were in room 107 and the minute you walked in it smelled and there was a fly and moth flying around. The room was tidy but there was old food inside the drawers. The bath and the sink were in two seperate rooms. The alarm clock did not work. The window did not open to ventilate the odor in the room. The air conditioner did not work properly. The staff were friendly except for the lady that was putting out the breakfast she had an attitude . I will not recommend if staying more than one night!

Room Tip: Just for sleeping!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mjan1234
Beloit, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We recently stayed at this quality inn for two nights. For the price paid it was a pleasant experience. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and staff friendly. The rooms were also relatively quite especially with the a/c on. The TV is definatly out dated and our picture looked like I was fading, but it was nice that they had over 120 channels including HBO. Surprisingly they do not have pay per view movies either, which can be a good thing and a bad thing. The fridge in the room is also a good size and is very cold if set properly.

The breakfast is pretty standard with waffles, OJ, sausage, and cereal. The staff is also helpful.

The location is good with a mall about 5 min away and multiple restaurants w/in a 10 min drive. There are also new movie theaters about 5 min away.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Desi_traveler_77
District Heights
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

After a long day at Heshey I wanted to go into a nice room but instead I had a reservation here, not a nice ending. The staff were nice and helpful but the room was small, the carpet had an odor near the door, the wood on the dresser was falling apart ( a chunk of it was gone). To me this was unacceptable to even have this dresser in any room. In the lobby near the elevator, the panel near the carpet was missing on one side. I usually don't complain but if I'm paying, I expect things to be a certain way.The breakfast was OK, the staff immediately restocked the items. I think I will pay a little more to get better quality.......the phrase you get what you pay for is so true. Never again. This hotel is a little further from Heshey than what I thought.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsTNP
Quebec
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2011

Good location near the highway, standard service for Quality Inn, breakfast average.

However, the room (226) and especially the bathroom are very dirty and need upgrade.

At $110.00/night way too expensive.

Will never recommand to any Snowbirds going to or coming back to Florida.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DanBenoitQuebec
Sayre, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

I had 3 reward nights that I used for our stay so I can't comment on the value of this hotel. Our room was very adequate and seemed exceptionally clean. Right away I was disturbed by the loudness of the bathroom fan that automatically turned on with the light. I mentioned it to the manager the next morning and it was fixed when we returned at day's end. Lobby is very small as is the breakfast area adjacent but we found a table available. Breakfast included a waffle maker, cereal, bagels, danish, boiled eggs, sausage and bananas and apples- no yogurt. An attendant did a great job of stocking the food and cleaning tables and we had no complaint. i would say that I did not appreciate having to walk from the rear parking lot to the hotel front entrance late at night as the clerk had told us upon check-in that the key card reader at the rear door wasn't working. I would think they would get it fixed pronto. and i don't understand why the Wall Street Journal was the only paper, offered free, but who reads that on vacation? I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple