“Pet Friendly and Large Room”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Not sure if our room was the exception but it was quite wide and could easily fit two roll- away beds if required. In room beds are super comfortable.

Plenty of green space around the premises for walking your four legged family members.

Staff quite friendly.

WiFi in our area of the hotel was next to useless. We were down by entrance C and D.

Included breakfast were the usually offerings of make your own waffles. They also had breads, bagels, fresh fruit, juices and here they had hot biscuits and scrambled eggs.

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: If WiFi internet is important you may wish to avoid entrance C and D.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our property. We were happy to have you stay with us during your travels. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.However,allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the wireless internet on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our internet provider to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Harrisburg

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I had a king room and it was huge and well decorated. The heat work well and the bathroom was large.
Check in was easy and the person at the counter was very helpful for restaurant info.

Breakfast was ok. Coffee was a bit weak but its free. (Starbucks is down the road if you need the real thing!

Very clean and modern. Many places to eat and shop nearby.

Room Tip: Get a king room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Kenneth,

Kind Regards,

Nicole Nowland
Comfort Inn Harrisburg

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have actually stayed at this property several times now, the first time was actually for several weeks as we were relocating to the area and then a couple of different times as we were having work done on our new home. I cannot say enough good things about the property and the people working there. It is a very nice hotel, a true 3 star, all of the rooms and the property are in excellent condition, well maintained and clean! The staff, from the manager to the desk people to the cleaning staff are all wonderful, everyone is friendly and helpful, they will go out of their way to take care of you or whatever it is that you need. We have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the country and I have to say that the staff here are my favorite, they make you feel welcome, do anything that they can for you and have no problem going out of the way to make sure that your needs are met or requests are filled. If you are coming to the area, Harrisburg, Hershey etc, stay here, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Your wonderful feedback has been shared with all of our staff! It was a pleasure having you folks stay with us while you transitioned into your new home. Best wishes for the future and please do not hesitate to stop in if we could ever be of assistance. Happy Holidays from the staff here at the Comfort Inn!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

we were heading home to Florida in our RV when a tire blew and we were towed to a repair facility in Harrisburg. we needed to quickly find someplace to stay while we waited to see how long we would be stuck there. we tried a few places with no luck --- but the staff at the comfort inn welcomed us, even with our 3 labrador retrievers!

the hotel was clean, the free hot breakfast was excellent and all the people who worked there were so nice to us in a very stressful situation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole N, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We were happy to have you and your 'furry friends' as our guests! Visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We recently stayed here for a 3 day weekend. Its location was perfect. It was about a fifteen minute drive to the stadium where we were going for the rv show. I did not mind the drive at all. It was very easy to navigate. The rooms were surprisingly large. I expected much smaller. It did have a strange smell but nothing that actually bothered any of us. Breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Cereal and other basic. Dining room was definitely small and cramped but most people ate and left immediately to free up space. In conclusion it is very well worth it to stay here. If we had stayed in Hershey the bill would have been much higher.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We were pleased to have you as our guests and hope to have you visit again!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My children and grandchildren ( 11 ) of us stayed here while we were visiting Hershey Park and Chocolate World. What a clean, inviting hotel. Staff was very sweet especially Casey who took care of our reservation over the phone a few weeks prior and was on duty at check in. My family enjoyed the spacious rooms and the breakfast that was offered each morning. We will def. be staying here again on our next visit to this area !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We can't wait to visit with you again on your next family vacation!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My daughter and I make a trip to Hershey Park every year, this was our 3rd time staying at this property. I like staying here for the convenience of location, proximity to stores, and definitely this time for the way the Manager Barbara went out of her way! I had already pre paid the hotel because of the great rate and I had an issue before traveling, Barbara went out of her way to help me with a situation that came up. I liked the way she answered the phone and how personable she was. With that being said, I was satisfied with our room, which are pretty much the largest rooms in the area, the breakfast area a little small, but we just got our breakfast and went to our room to enjoy it, the room was cleaned nicely, internet worked fine, the pool was clean and has a great area around it to enjoy sitting. The only thing I would prepare anyone for is do not stay in a room on second floor near the doors to the stairs to the front desk, they slam every time someone goes through them, which was very often while we were there! Overall, this is my "go to" hotel for each trip to the area of Hershey/Harrisburg!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the ice maker or if on second floor NOT near the doors to the front stairs...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hey There! Thank you so much for the kind words - you are making me blush though. It was our pleasure to be able to help you. As I told you before, there isn't much we can't do without some notice and flexibility. I am just glad all worked out for you We enjoyed seeing you again. I personally enjoyed meeting you and getting to chat. See you next year!

Yours in hospitality,