“The Little Hotel That Could!”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked this hotel for the same reason that most people do, to go to Hershey Park. The Hotel is very small but does not lack in amenities and comfort. It was just what we needed for a quick trip to Hershey Park. Clean, friendly and let's not forget breakfast!!!

1  Thank Dunmeyers
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Dunmeyers,
Thank you for much for the kind words. I had to laugh at the title of your review. That sums us up perfectly. We are not a big box hotel for sure, but we try to make up for it by providing a home away from home for our Hershey guests. Even though we are not a big hotel, we love having bigger than average rooms; giving everyone a chance to have a little space to themselves which we all know is tough when traveling with a family. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review us. Until next time……..

Yours in Hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Harrisburg

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just spent 3 nights here on our Hershey vacation. The rooms were very clean and nice size for the 4 of us. We had room 111 on the main floor. The check in was fast and the girl at the desk was super nice. The breakfast was great and had good choices each day. We went down by 8am each day and had no problem getting a table. Our cleaning lady and her daughter that worked the breakfast area were the best. Miss you girls! We would stay at this place again in a heartbeat. Loved it!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Gabbie and Reggie who were working the breakfast while you were here. One thing I am most proud of is the teamwork our staff displays and how everyone works hard to put the guest first. I am glad you found the breakfast enjoyable, the chocolate waffles are a big hit; I hope you got to try them. If you didn't that is ok; you can the next time you are in town.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed two nights during our Hershey Park vacation. The rooms were spotless and very spacious. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very attentive and courteous. The breakfast, although crowded, was very good. No complaints whatsoever. This is a fine property to stay at and I would return again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. Thank you for your kind words, they are certainly appreciated. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff. We strive to make every stay for every guest a great one. I am so very glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I had planned our vacation to PA a few months ago. We chose this hotel as the maps said it was within 20 min drive to Gettysburg. We had arrived, very early in the afternoon after 13 hours of driving. My first issue and really only one, was the ability or lack thereof to get into the hotel. In this part of the town there are no left turns so you do have to make other concessions on entry. ( not that big of a deal, weird maybe but no biggie). As I stated we arrived way before the check in time, and just hoped by chance we would be able to at least get our room early. This was going to be a problem I thought as it looked quite busy when we arrived. To my great surprise, there was not a problem getting us a room right away knowing how tired we were.
I have a hard time walking and thought there would not be an elevator there, but thank goodness there was. We were welcomed very nicely, and I am sorry I do not remember the gentleman's name who checked us in.
Our room, was pleasantly cool, and for the most part clean. The size of the room was great! I always check our beds when travelling for fear of critters, and the sheets were clean, I do feel the mattress pads should be replaced, as they were a little stained. There is a good sized fridge, the view was of the pool, and right around the corner from the ice machine.
The big problem I had, and this is with all hotels, is that the ventilation fan in the bathroom was caked with dirt and dust. ( I really cannot understand why these are left unattended for months obviously). Other than that the room was impeccable.
The choices for tv was not good at all, and if there are children, I would suggest bring movies with a laptop.
The breakfast, which is complimentary with your room, is better than a lot of restaurants. Although the area is small, we were forewarned, that if we wanted to have a breakfast without having to feel crammed, to come a bit earlier, as this specific hotel does cater to a lot of families with children. I am sorry I can't remember the ladies name, ( petite blonde, funny lady) she was fabulous with making sure we had everything we needed. She kept everything neat, clean, and filled as breakfast in this hotel can get crazy.
We were staying for 3 days and thought we wanted to stay another couple there, but unfortunately they were completely booked, but they did arrange for us to stay at the other Comfort INN in Downtown Harrisburg.
For my husband and I, who had never travelled to this area ever, we were very comfortable with the attractions that were provided for us.
The pool was warm, and clean, and towels were provided at poolside.
We were sad to leave this hotel, as the staff was great, friendly and very helpful.
We will be returning to this hotel again, if we return to the area.
We will be staying at the Choice Brand of hotels from now on.
Thanks for making our stay a fun one. I am sad we did not get the picture that I was going to take with staff.
We were then checked out and ready to travel to our other Comfort Inn @ the riverfront. Review to that one is next.
Thanks again we enjoyed our first vacation and had a very comfortable nights stay after long days of walking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to pass them along to the staff involved. Sean and Cheryl will be happy to know you remembered them. You are correct it can be tricky getting around on this end of town, thankfully there are lots of places to make a legal u-turns. I am sorry we were not able to keep you the extra days, but I am glad you had a good experience at the Riverfront property. Look us up the next time you are in the area. I know Gettysburg doesn't celebrate the 150 anniversary every year, but we hope you come back through so we can visit again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

AWESOME!!!!! That is what best describes our stay at this wonderful hotel. Before booking this hotel I did read the comments and found them very helpful, I see the recent ones seem to be negative which is a surprise. I am very very hard to please when it comes to hotels. My main concern is the cleanliness and I must say Wanda does an awesome job! Upon arrival Nicole greeted us like we had been friends forever. Our room was ready when promised,very clean, spacious and the beds very clean and comfortable. Yes the breakfast area is small, but there is plenty to choice from. Waffles, eggs, toast, bagels, cereal, fruit yogurt, muffins. juice, tea coffee, milk, not sure what else you would need. Cheryl kept the are clean and was gracious. This hotel does have an outdoor pool, we didn't use it but it looked nice. The price was very good considering the time of the year. My friend and I were there to see Joyce Meyer at the Giant Center and it was about 15 minutes away. Yes, you do have to make a u-turn, but really no big deal!!!! Would we stay again? Absolutely!!!!!! To Nicole, Wanda and Cheryl see you guys next year when we come to see Joyce Meyer and thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to review your stay. We loved having you here (as well as all the other Joyce Meyers attendees). It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you for the kind words, I have already posted your review on our wall of fame and have given copies to Nicole, Wanda and Cheryl. We will be on the look out for you next year.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This one is average, we had to look for it because there was a big Comfort Suite sign by the Quality Inn, so we had to go a little further down the road to find it. The bed is comfortable. It appears to have perhaps been renovated at some point. The tub looks as if it needed replacing, it also needed some attention. There were 3 hairs in and around ours, and the tub was stopped up so you had to stand in water, and no the stopper was not closed. It was very pricey for the type of hotel it was. Our air condition was not left on so it took about 3 hours for it to catch up. It is an ok place to stay, but again the night we stayed it was pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property. You are correct the sign placement can be deceiving, I am sorry you experienced difficulty in locating us. I don't recall seeing a maintenance slip on your room, if you could take a few moments to contact the hotel so we can look into the drain problem more thoroughly. Again, thank you for your time. I hope you give us another try.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well first off we had kids and a ton of kids running up and down the hallways, yelling, screaming, banging on the walls from 7pm until the late late into the morning! Called the front desk and the boy sounded none quipped to handle the children. Called several times more to the front desk but really wasted my breath. Next morning I got a refund for my stay and went on my merry way. OHHHH BUT WAIT even though I paid advanced purchase for my room each day after I left I continued to get a charge of 96 dollars for the next 3 days!! I had to freeze my account and it took 1 week to get it fixed! The hotel claimed they weren't the ones doing it even though each day it said harrisburg pa comfortinn on my account. I would avoid this hotel like the plague it's not worth the overall headache.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We appreciate your feedback. With our location close to Hershey Park, we do host several sports teams and other events throughout the summer. I am sorry for your experience. We were happy to refund the nonrefundable rate and apply extra points to your account. When you provide a credit card at check in for things such as incidentals, banks do authorize funds to be held. Hotels have no real control over what they hold, how much they hold or for how long they hold the funds. We can and did work with your bank to ensure that we were not holding any funds from your account. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience and that we could not satisfy you after taking all the steps that we did. I hope that you will still give the Choice Brand of hotels a try on your next trip.