“Nice Location”

Comfort Inn Harrisburg
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very convenient location. EZ highway access to go Downtown, Hershey Park, Farm Show etc. Best return on your spending.- Seems like, this hotel just upgraded, and values are added. To me, its a best available product in this area, for good night stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 30, 2012

On December 26 we were traveling from Rockville Md to our home in Vestal, NY when the weather got so bad that we could not continue. Snow everywhere and occasional freezing rain made it prudent for use to postpone our trip home and stay at the nearest motel.

We were right by the Comfort Inn, so decided to stay there.

The room was clean, large, with in-room internet. Lots of hot water for a shower to warm us up, and very comfortable beds. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and efficient as she checked in a bunch of us travelers who decided to not-continue due to the storm.

Breakfast was typical "motel breakfast"; however, the scrambled eggs were a tasty delight that exceeded my expectations for prepared food.

I am downgrading the hotel by one star since the tub drain was partially clogged causing the tub to fill up as we took our showers. They need to have their maintenance people check little things like this....not an earthshaking issue, but, an annoyance.

Recommended

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was really pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I hadn't been to a Comfort Inn in quite a while and booked this at the last minute, when we had to get into town a day early due to a pending snowstorm. Very clean and well appointed, friendly staff. For the price I paid for rooms, it was an excellent value. If it wasn't quite so far from the attractions at Hershey, I would probably return. If you're going to Harrisburg though, I think it would be a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheRoni
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place was very clean and the people were very nice. We ended up getting a suite since we booked early, so we had a great weekend in our suite that had a office in it. Both of those rooms were good sized and were clean when we came in. They both had flat screne TV's and it was great for watching football after an evening at Hersheypark Christmas Candylane. The one thing that we disliked was that they didn't have ABCFamily and the TV didn't have many channels except for local news channels and main news channels and ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNEWS, but hey we weren't there long enough to spend a good bit of time watching TV so it wasn't too bad. All and all the place is perfect and we will be back. Oh, one more thing they have free WiFi with high speed internet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashleigh C
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The room was very nice, big and comfortable. The negative thing was that during hurricane sandy the light went off and they didn't have torches for the guests. They should have bought them for all the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went to Hershey this weekend for an event, and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Harrisburg, which was about ten miles from Hershey. The hotel was nice and the room was very clean. I had requested two rooms side by side on my reservation through the internet, and I called the hotel to check on this two days before we left. I asked for the first floor for my two rooms, and one of mine was a king and the other was two queens. Nicole said she didn't have these rooms available side by side, so she gave me a king suite for the same price, and the other room was two doors away. This was so kind of her and I wanted to mention her name, as she was so sweet when talking to her on the phone. Our room was great. The king bedroom area was larger than most, and then we had a separate room with a tv, sofa, end and coffee tables and a computer table and chair. What a nice treat it was. The breakfast was very good, fresh, and nicely laid out. Parking was close to the exit doors, and many restaurants were in the area. A nice place to stay, but the bathrooms were somewhat small. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravelanytime
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Me,Schell and Woooo's stayed here back in Sept 2012 and had a VERY rewarding stay.If we needed ANYTHING,The staff at the front desk helped us get it.They were very Professional and VERY knowledgeable about the area i was interested in!! WE had a VERY nice stay at this Comfort Inn. I do believe you should check on this Comfort Inn,I did and I'm NOT sorry i did!! Happy trails everyone......Underway 1976.....

Room Tip: anyone of them......