“Lovely find in downtown Harrisburg”
Review of Home 231

Home 231
Reserve with OpenTable
Home 231 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 550 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had Sunday brunch here. We used OpenTable to make reservations, which was good because they were full and seemed relieved when they heard we had made a reservation. I had the special, scallops and grits, which was non-traditional, but savory and satisfying. My husband had the crab cake eggs benedict. More crab than I've had in a crab cake than I've had in a long time. Highly recommend.

1  Thank EmilyFarrar
There are newer reviews for Home 231

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Have eaten at 231 Home several times and have yet to be disappointed. Menu has good range of choice and there is a decent wine selection. Service has always been efficient and friendly. Would recommend this as a good spot for dinner when in Harrisburg.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I have only had brunch at Home 231, but have never been disappointed. Love the outdoor patio, highly recommend it if the weather outside is good! Cocktails are fresh and creative, and the mimosas are made with freshly squeezed OJ. Seriously some of the best coffee I've ever had--the first time I had brunch there I must have had 4 cups. Would recommend it to anyone who's a fan of brunch.

1  Thank Chris L
Reviewed May 16, 2014

arrived tonight for 7:30 reservation and given a booth next to hostess stand. Our server was the bartender and did make good cocktails. Unfortunately took over an hour to get out the flanksteak for me and the special fish for my wife. Patrons seated after us were able to get their burgers served and finished before our waitress noticed something wrong and she asked manager to go check on our dinner. She stopped by table and let us know the kitchen was plating our food. We kind of knew there was problem by then. Flanksteak was passable, but cold potatoes underneath. Fish overdone and cold. I can say in 30 years of marriage I've never seen my wife send food back - she sent the food back and couldn't eat it. The apologies from the manager and waitress were short and succinct . We should have walked up the street to mangia Qui where we've never had a bad meal.

2  Thank Richard E
Reviewed May 15, 2014

As a vegetarian, environmentalist, and overall earth-concerned diner, I appreciate farm-to-table restaurants like this one. I ate here for lunch with a coworker, and we were able to be in and out quickly, with good service and good food.

We ordered a salad with goat cheese and a portobello mushroom sandwich, which we asked the server to split and bring to us separately. They were willing to and indeed did split both the salad and sandwich for us so that we didn't have to do it ourselves. Good flavors overall.

1  Thank Brad G