“Could be better”
Review of Home 231

Home 231
Reserve with OpenTable
Home 231 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 538 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Could be better”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We've now eaten here twice, first time for brunch and second time for dinner with friends. Brunch was better than average for this area: good food and service, pleasant ambiance for a Sunday get-together. Dinner, however, was a disappointment. The turkey soup, an appetizer special, was lukewarm and fairly salty, for my taste. The tenderloin was (very) small for the price and, again, barely lukewarm. Oddly, it had been sliced horizontally, with each piece offset on the plate...I can only assume to make the serving look larger. Sadly, the top half was seasoned, but the bottom not. The fingerling potatoes were in fact cut in smallish sections and few in number. In its favor, the restaurant was fairly packed...which made conversation difficult at best. It's nice to have another upscale dining choice in Harrisburg, but this one has a ways to go to make it competitive or first choice for a return.

• Visited September 2013

“Not sure yet”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

So I happened into this restaurant as I am familiar with Cafe Fresco (same owner) to pass some time before meeting friends. The ambiance of the building and decor are very nice. Was not overly impressed with bar service or my cocktail. I will have to go back soon to get a better idea. Would not recommend to go if you are only going to the bar.

Visited September 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great food, service could improve”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had great expectations for this new-ish restaurant. Let me first state positives: location, ambience, quality of food. Sat outside and felt like I was at a French bistro. The negatives? Slow service by a sloppy waiter. I definitely expected more from the wait-staff at such an establishment.

• Visited July 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“So many choices”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and i have very different ideas about what is good food but both of us found a lot to love here. He had the porkchop and i the trout and both were cooked to perfection. Cornbread was dense and moist. The watermelon mojito was absolutely fresh. Home made ice cream and sorbet were intensely flavorful. Service was on the mark. 5 stars no question.

• Visited August 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Pricey, Limited Atmosphere, Great Staff and Good Food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice neighborhood location. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. We sat on the deck which was nice but their AC was a bit loud for conversation. We had to wait a long time for the waiter to take our food orders but he was pleasant and knowledgeable. Happy hour drink selections/prices were good. The menu selection is upscale in its small plate and side order offerings including the upscale prices. Presentation and food are fresh and really good but I feel $6 for deviled eggs (3 1/2s), $6 for a small dish of seasonal vegetables and $13 for a very small crabcake are too much. The slice of fresh made pie w/ice cream was good and not a bad selection for $6. It was a nice relaxing evening for us but I don't have a desire to take my wallet back - guess I'm more practical than upscale.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Home 231? Share your experiences!