“Pricey, Limited Atmosphere, Great Staff and Good Food”
Review of Home 231

Home 231
Reserve with OpenTable
Home 231 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 541 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Pricey, Limited Atmosphere, Great Staff and Good Food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Nice neighborhood location. Everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable. We sat on the deck which was nice but their AC was a bit loud for conversation. We had to wait a long time for the waiter to take our food orders but he was pleasant and knowledgeable. Happy hour drink selections/prices were good. The menu selection is upscale in its small plate and side order offerings including the upscale prices. Presentation and food are fresh and really good but I feel $6 for deviled eggs (3 1/2s), $6 for a small dish of seasonal vegetables and $13 for a very small crabcake are too much. The slice of fresh made pie w/ice cream was good and not a bad selection for $6. It was a nice relaxing evening for us but I don't have a desire to take my wallet back - guess I'm more practical than upscale.

• Visited August 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“First time visit”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Located in a quaint neighborhood - parking available in a lot up the street after 5 PM . Service was very attentive , professional and above all friendly. Our server knew her menu entrees Nd drinks and we chose her suggestions with no disappointments . Happy Hour is 5-7. Our food was very tasty - hangar steak and crab cakes . The pomme frites are very enjoyable. From appetizer to desert well presented and delectable.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MaryAlice L
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Delightful, despite the very warm weather!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My dining companion and I chose to sit outside on the patio...even though it was 90ish. (Our waitress kept the ice water flowing!) The Crusher Chardonnay (CA) was deliciously chilled and my friend enjoyed his expresso martini...of which he is a connoisseur (read: fussy). We shared the flatbread pizza as an appetizer. Very pretty with the yellow and red tomatoes. He had the crab cakes (two) of which he ate only one. He said they were very good. I tried the fries...yummy! I had the trout. It was excellent. No head and deboned (only three little ones left). The accompanying veggies/salads were also tasty. This is a well thought-out menu with something to surely please everyone. I look forward to a return visit!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jayvee2
Milford, Delaware
“Great atmosphere & food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Attended a wedding rehearsal dinner here on a busy Friday night. Staff was very attentive and kept up with food orders and drink orders for a table of about 25. Food was very good - interesting choices, well prepared and beautifully presented. We were on the outdoor patio and atmosphere was a bit quirky but just perfect. Would love to go back and try the regular menu as well as try eating inside. Highly recommend!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank chriswilis
Snow Hill, Maryland
“A Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch here at Home 231. We recognized the manager Dash from the evening before who welcomed us. And our waiter was so engaging and polite. The food was delicious- I had the Ranchos huevos and my husband had the smoked trout!! Our morning drinks- a watermelon Mojito and the Bloody Mary set the relaxed tone on the welcoming and relaxing patio! And to top it off since it was a brunch, our waiter sold us on the home-made Blueberry Pie which was absolutely incredible!

• Visited June 2013