“Out of the way but worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Home 231

Home 231
Reserve with OpenTable
Home 231 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 535 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of the way but worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just happened to be walking by the location a few weeks ago and spotted this "smallish" restaurant to add to our list to try. Glad that we did. Took the wife there for her birthday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was delicious, the presentation lovely, and the service was very good. The portions were just right for me, satisfying without the stuffed feeling. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013

Pennsylvania
“Excellent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food at this restaurant was excellent and presentation was also very nice. Entry into the restaurant was unclear and we went to one door, then to the side of the building before realizing another attached brownstone was where the entrance was. Entry into the bar was OK, but had to walk to the center of the restaurant in order to meet the hostess station. The ambiance of the inside of this restaurant while is very clean was a bit noisy for me. Also, somewhat cold with dinerish tables and chairs. Our waitress was attentive however she tripped over the whole nightly specials menu and kept apologizing for her lack of....knowledge/articulation. I understand the patio in summer is quite nice but unfortunately it was winter and a quick look at the patio left me underwhelmed. Still, since the food was very good, and a nice wine list, I may give it one more try on the patio this summer. As a local B&B owner, I find that it is important for me to try a restaurant before I can recommend it to guests. My decision is still out on this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“One my Harrisburg favorites...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I haven't had a bad meal (lunch or dinner) here. Prepared with a lot of local food items, portions are not too small nor too big. Presentation & service are good. For a treat after the meal, try their homemade ice cream and/or donuts (ball shaped), which usually come out hot and with dipping sauces (chocolate, vanilla & fruit).

You can walk in most days for lunch. I'd suggest reservations for the evening.

• Visited February 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Another great restaurant on North St. And the parking issue is resolved.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't mind walking, but I do mind driving and driving till I find a parking spot. The new and convenient free parking for Mangia Qui and Home 231 will definitely make these higher on my dining list.

Delicious cocktails, nice happy hour prices (5-7 pm), very good food, mostly locally sourced.

Highs: Greek salad, baby beet salad. The drinks. Wine by the glass. Hanger steak. Grilled octopus. Arancini. Small salad with my steak.

Lows: fries a bit soggy, donuts a little heavy (though my wife liked them).

Will be tough to choose which direction to go from the parking lot. But always nice to have choices.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Saturday evening with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here last weekend and enjoyed ourselves. There was a FREE parking lot directly past the restaurant on the righthand side. The lot is well lit and shared by Home 231 and Mangia Qui. Service was prompt and food brought out quickly after ordering. Appetizer and main dishes were delicious. We did not go away hungry! Would recommend as a small, quiet dinner location. We'd go back again.

• Visited February 2013