“Another great restaurant on North St. And the parking issue is resolved.”
Review of Home 231

Home 231
Reserve with OpenTable
Home 231 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Street
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Another great restaurant on North St. And the parking issue is resolved.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I don't mind walking, but I do mind driving and driving till I find a parking spot. The new and convenient free parking for Mangia Qui and Home 231 will definitely make these higher on my dining list.

Delicious cocktails, nice happy hour prices (5-7 pm), very good food, mostly locally sourced.

Highs: Greek salad, baby beet salad. The drinks. Wine by the glass. Hanger steak. Grilled octopus. Arancini. Small salad with my steak.

Lows: fries a bit soggy, donuts a little heavy (though my wife liked them).

Will be tough to choose which direction to go from the parking lot. But always nice to have choices.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Saturday evening with friends”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We ate here last weekend and enjoyed ourselves. There was a FREE parking lot directly past the restaurant on the righthand side. The lot is well lit and shared by Home 231 and Mangia Qui. Service was prompt and food brought out quickly after ordering. Appetizer and main dishes were delicious. We did not go away hungry! Would recommend as a small, quiet dinner location. We'd go back again.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Surprise gourmet quality lunch!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise with some unique gourmet selections. The exterior appears very unassuming and small. Make sure you bring plenty of quarters since you only get 10 min. parking for each quarter and the person parked behind us got ticketed for expired parking. It can be a little hard to find a parking space since some parking is residental permit only, but if you can park a few blocks away you can find parking.

The food quality was gourmet and offered some unique selections, but some of the portions were on the smallish side but not unreasonable, as some gourmet restaurants seem to offer smaller portions. My husband was very pleased with their soup of the day and the pumpkin ravioli, which was delicious. The Greek salad and reuben with homemade potato chips were excellent, as was their triple cheesecake ball selection.

We plan on returning for dinner since the selection is larger, and they also have a Sunday buffet. The pan seared salmon with pumpkin gnocchi and sauteed spinach is what my husband wants to try next, and I will try the grilled filet mignon next time.
Our male waiter was excellent. He was a perfect mix of checking back several times to make sure everything was fine while not checking too much or too little. Wait time was reasonable for freshly prepared food. Someone else said their homemade donuts were delicious, so we might try that also next time.

Harrisburg, PA
“beyond expectations”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here last night for our anniversary. The food was wonderful. My husband ordered the soup of the day for the appetizer and the filet mignon for his entree. I ordered the crab cake appetizer and the homemade linguine. Then we shared the molten chocolate cake for dessert. It was all delicious. Every last bite. I am a huge fan of home made pasta and order it whenever I can. This was some of the best home made pasta that I have had. And I simply cannot say enough about the service. Our server was extremely attentive - I think that his name was Skylar - he checked in often to refill our glasses and answer any questions we might have about the menu. During our meal the manager brought it to our attention that we had left our headlights on in our vehicle. He even went so far as to offer to go to our car and turn our headlights out for us so that our meal wouldn't be interrupted. I have never in my 41 years of eating out experienced such wonderful service. Thank you for a wonderful anniversary meal, staff of Home 231. My husband and I will definitely be back!

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Taystee”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went there for Valentine's Day. I had the duck: soooo good! My wife ordered the scallops-the biggest scallops I've ever seen.
The coconut cake was OK. I will definitely go back. I have to try the lamb.
Understated in a very good way.