“39 cent wings for 72 cents”

Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar
Ranked #320 of 559 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: There’s never been a place quite like Arooga’s before. How do we know? Spies. That, and because we’re not just some average, run-of-the-mill, sports bar. Nope. We’re a slightly above average grille house and sports bar. That’s right. Our housemade food is prepared by chefs instead of factory workers — it’s better. The housemade bread, wings sauces, salad dressings, the housemade soups. All better. The beer is colder. The TVs, TV-er. You can see every game from every seat. And we mean every game, because we have every sports package available all 365 days of the year on 100's of flat screen tv's between all of our locations. We've got free wi-fi, Golden Tee, Buzztime trivia, and NTN Texas Hold 'em. We've got over 80 menu items under $8.99. And several other items priced over $8.99 for the rich folks. So if you're looking for great food prepared and served by above-average people that prepare and serve great food, you'll find it at Arooga's. If you're looking for fun, you'll find that, too. If you're looking for your boyfriend and/or girlfriend, we haven't seen him and/or her. So there you go, the proof's in the pudding here at Arooga's.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

So I hear about their 39 cent wing sale and I go in there Sunday afternoon to get about 50 wings to go. Then they tell me they're $36 for 50. Huh? What kind of math is that? Turns out that they're only 39 cents if you eat them in the restaurant. A to go order costs much more.

Nice. I grimaced and paid the price because I had promised them to my family, and they were as tasty as usual, but it all left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Try to be clearer in your promos, okay? Unhappy customers lead to poor reviews.

2  Thank Michael810

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I ate here twice this past weekend while in town for business because it was convenient to my hotel. The food was good enough the first time to get me to go back. I had wings both times and they are very good with a good selection of sauces. I was not blown away with the service. First time I came alone and sat at the bar. The bartender was very friendly at first, but seemed to forget I was there after checking back once. Had to have someone else ring me out and get my refills. Same bartender tried to sell a guy a six pack so he could drink cheaper at the bar, but luckily the manager caught that. (Guessing she was new.) Second time I came with a group of friends and everyone loved their food; however, our server just seemed to be on another planet. Not unfriendly, but I do expect a little more than complete indifference. Food was good. Service not so much.

1  Thank gitrdunn
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stopped by mid snowstorm and the place was pretty full. Great selection of craft brews on tap, food selection and service were great as well. Worth a stop.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is my son's favorite place for wings. They have a large selection of sauces and you can get either bone or boneless. The many is rather large and you have lots of choices. It is a very large restaurant so seating usually isn't a problem. Being a sports bar, there are tv's everywhere so you can watch you favorite game while enjoying a meal.

colleenau, Public Relations Manager at Arooga's Grille House & Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you! Glad your son enjoys our wings. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Don't come here on a diet. Everything is fried, supersized, covered with cheese, or all of the above. Couple of friends enjoyed a burger with two grilled cheese sandwiches making up the bun. I had the kobe burger, which was big and good.

Good beer specials too: $2 for pints, $6 for pitchers.

Tons of screens to watch all NFL games, outside bar with firepit, and giant game of Connect 4 are all fun. Waitresses are sassy but fun.