“Boring noisy sports bar”
Review of Arooga's

Arooga's
Ranked #142 of 543 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: There’s never been a place quite like Arooga’s before. How do we know? Spies. That, and because we’re not just some average, run-of-the-mill, sports bar. Nope. We’re a slightly above average grille house and sports bar. That’s right. Our housemade food is prepared by chefs instead of factory workers — it’s better. The housemade bread, wings sauces, salad dressings, the housemade soups. All better. The beer is colder. The TVs, TV-er. You can see every game from every seat. And we mean every game, because we have every sports package available all 365 days of the year on 100's of flat screen tv's between all of our locations. We've got free wi-fi, Golden Tee, Buzztime trivia, and NTN Texas Hold 'em. We've got over 80 menu items under $8.99. And several other items priced over $8.99 for the rich folks. So if you're looking for great food prepared and served by above-average people that prepare and serve great food, you'll find it at Arooga's. If you're looking for fun, you'll find that, too. If you're looking for your boyfriend and/or girlfriend, we haven't seen him and/or her. So there you go, the proof's in the pudding here at Arooga's.
harrisburg pa
“Boring noisy sports bar”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I just don't care for this local chain at all. Always very noisy and bland bar food. Consistently disapoints

Visited August 2013

Liverpool, Pennsylvania
“After we got passed the hostess everything was ok.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

So we called ahead for seating and then arrived with my family. The hostess with the glasses seemed annoyed that we were there and with our questions. Really it's a sports bar in late February. Sorry we were there really if you don't want to be busy you shouldn't be the person at the front door greeting people the other young lady was pleasant. After she showed us to our seats all was well. The food was good, the selection was great the beer was cold what else could you ask for? Good service? Yes we had that our waitress was working her butt off with a smile all while she did it. The guys from the kitchen also were pleasant as they helped to serve our food. My only concern was we should have been greeted in a nicer manner, maybe she needed a day off. Thank God she wasn't our waitress!

• Visited February 2014
Gibbstown, New Jersey
“Good food and well mannered staff”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the Sleep Inn and decided to eat here based on reviews and the proximity to our hotel. Lots of hearty pub foods to choose from- didn't try the wings but wish I had. The Long Island iced tea I ordered was well made, large, and well priced. My husband and I split soft pretzels with beer cheese for our appetizer which were hot and excellent! My husband enjoyed his Gouda burger and my sourdough grilled cheese and bacon and side tomato soup was very good. But I think the reason I will rate this place so highly is because of the staff. While we were dining here, an extremely ignorant man and his family were also there. He complained about everything, rudely and loudly. Their waitress (also our waitress) apologized and said it was her third night and it was her first rush but this man would not let up. I was so upset to see this poor girl being talked to this way for the sake of a free meal. The manager did a good job trying to keep the peace, our waitress kept her cool and was respectful the whole time, along with another young guy who helped serve the food. I don't know if I'd have been able to stay so calm in that situation, hats off to them! I would return to this restaurant based on both food and great customer service.

Visited February 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Back stepping on our rave review given 11/18/13”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Wow. Things have gone downhill fast. Not sure if there are new staff or just people who don't care. We used to come here every week and based on our most recent visit I doubt that we will ever come back. We came in with our baby and asked for a booth and high chair. "No problem" says the hostess and we are taken straight to a table in the main dining area. We got our usual endless wings. They STUNK. I got boneless wings and they were hard to cut or chew through. I tried skinny wings and they had the same rubbery texture as old gum. Halfway through our meal we were searching for our waitress who was nowhere to be found to ask for a high chair that we had initially asked for. My husband just went to grab one and we got the baby situated with snacks after attaching the seat cover we had to the high chair. We went back to gnawing on our wings when the manager rushed over and told us that we had to move immediately. We asked why and she said that the high chair in that room is a violation of the fire code, it is a big fine for them, yadda yadda yadda. We asked why all of the sudden it has become an issue because (weekly visits mentioned in my previous review) we always sit at a booth in that area with the baby in a high chair and nobody has even thought twice about the high chair in the aisle. The manager insisted that we must be mistaken and would have been in a back nook area. Nope. We have always been in the main room. Anyway - manager continues to flip out at us and make a scene while telling us we need to move to a table with chairs to have the high chair asap. We decided to just move all of our stuff over (baby in the high chair, diaper bag, car seat, coats, drinks, food, silverware) to the table. Not ONE single staff member offered to help. Instead the manager quickly cleaned our booth so that an older couple could sit there. I don't know if this couple just likes the booth we were in or arooga's just made the decision that their new years resolution is to actually follow through with "laws" or to scare away regulars. A good manager would have apologized about inconsistency instead of saying it is a fine 700 times and offered to help us relocate. Also - if this is a big problem shouldn't we have been told at the door, when we first requested the booth and high chair, that it was no okay? We were treated like small children and drunks without doing anything wrong. None of us had alcohol. After relocating a large group came over to the table next to us, shoved their rear ends in my face, and commenced socializing for 10 minutes. Their group of 10 adults was blocking all exits on that side of the entrance while the high chair didn't even take up half of the aisle. we aren't going to come back to this disgraceful place. A new chain opened on the other shore with much better food at the same price. We aren't treated poorly when we go over there for the FRESH WING BUFFET that is head and shoulders above what aroogas has. Good luck staying in business treating your regulars this way! If you want GREAT WINGS and GREAT SERVICE then make your way to the Navy Depot off the Carlisle Pike. If you want some crabby middle aged woman to reprimand you like you are some Jerk high school kid that is a waste of her time, head on over to aroogas. Seems to be the crowd they are looking for in there nowadays.

• Visited January 2014
Harrisburg, PA
“We eat there often”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The burgers are the best in the area. Service can be slow but everything is cooked to order. Only complaint would be that you are charged for extra sauces including honey mustard for their chicken sandwich

Visited December 2013
colleenau, Public Relations Manager at Arooga's, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much! We're glad you enjoy our burgers. We appreciate your feedback as well. I will pass along your comments to our management team. Thanks again!