“Too Expensive”

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Too Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

To be honest and of course I have to be since I am the Truth!
We arrived here at 3pm and it was just to expensive for what it was, the IMAX movie prices were ok but I think it was going to be about $50 for 3 of us for 2 hrs, might be ok if you got more time.
Although there didn't seem to much to do.
Idea might be to do like a twighlight rate perhaps for a couple of hours.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank TruthRUS

Newark, Delaware
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Whitaker Center.....Fun/Hand On”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My nine year old enjoyed all the hands on exhibits. Kids love making their own cars and racing against the clock. Hurricane chamber very fun and the interactive electronic paint wall was worth the trip. Try and go at an off time. We were lucky. There were not many people on the day we visited so there was no wait for the rock wall, basketball, mind game etc. State of the art IMAX theatre as well. Only flaw was that a few displays were down but volunteers/employees were on patrol trying to keep everthing up and running. Last bit of advice is to park in the garage since the elevator will take you right to the entry.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Gary G
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun field trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

As a student, my classes had gone to the Whitaker Center a few times. It's aimed at younger kids, but it's still full of interesting things. My fiance and I went a few years ago, and still had fun! Some kids have been too rowdy for my liking, but they are kids. Definitely a fun and unique place to visit, that is also very educational.

1 Thank hleann
Fairmont, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Overstated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have been to a lot of science museums and this by far was the most underwhelming.

3 "levels" with very spaced out exhibits. For example, the toddler/kid floor at the Pittsburgh science center had more exhibits than this whole museum.

The "moving parts" of the museum were underwhelming. The only part where kids seemed to have lots of fun was in the circus exhibit on the second floor, with a spot to through basketballs through a hoop.

Overpriced for what was available. If it cost 50% less, I would not have such expectations. I would not go back to this center.

This review is based on the science center only, and not extra things to buy, such as the IMAX.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Lanai_Kona
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great place to go in H-burg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I used to love this place as a kid, and it never got old. The Whitaker center has one of the nation's first IMAX theaters, a fantastic museum and shop for kids (and grown-ups who want to be kids for an afternoon), and a super classy theater for local and national arts performances and events. Get your Whitaker on!

Visited June 2012