“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hamilton, Nj
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

This is a brand new facility. New beds, carpet etc. I stayed in a King Suite which had a separate area w/pull out sofa bed and microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. I loved staying here and plan on visiting again in Dec for the holidays. My family lives in this area so I visit several times a year and have stayed at a majority of the hotels in the Harrisburg area. The continental breakfast which supplied waffles, eggs, sausage, danish and even fresh fruit and yogurt. The pool area and the exercise area were small but clean and well maintained. From the time I stepped in the door, to the elevator to the room I noticed the how clean and fresh this hotel was. I know I keep mentioning how clean it is but like I said I have stayed at many a hotel and this area and I can tell you this is not a priority in some of them! If you are staying in this area you should stay here.

PS: Capital Diner is down the street and is a great place to eat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2010
Thank you very much for you awesome comments! We hope you come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Spent one evening at this property while in Harrisburg on business. Good location, very nice rooms with very nice bathroom including a walk-in shower. Perhaps it wasn't a very busy night when I was there but it was very quiet and I had a very good nights sleep. Free WiFi, good flat screen wall-mounted television as well as a small microwave and refrigerator. Well equipped for WiFi and ethernet internet, the lamp fixture even has a USB power port for devices that need to be recharged with a USB connection.

The breakfast was the usual feeble pre-packaged stuff but there are plenty of restaurants nearby and it's very near a large mall complex. It's along a road with multiple hotel properties and very easy to get to.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your business and comments! You are right about some great close breakfast spots...try Bob Evans or the Capitol City Diner right up the street! We hope to see you again soon!
Erin
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Stayed 2 nights. The hotel is new and very clean and updated. Flat screen TV and comfortable beds. The Staff is very attentive and friendly. It is very close to the Harrisburg Mall and also across the highway is another mall with Target and JC Penney's and various other stores and places to eat. The location is wonderful. We visited family and had time to see a Penn State Football game and The Hershey Bears. Great Get Away for the Thanksgiving Weekend. The breakfast is also well done. We plan on returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kps2play
Middletown, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

Kudos to TripAdvisor for turning me on to this Sleep Inn. Trying to stay close to the Harrisburg International Airport for early morning flights, it seems I've been stuck with paying high prices for the normal chain names, or staying in more rundown establishments. I saw this hotel mentioned on TripAdvisor and decided to try it. I was truly amazed at what I got for the money!

For starters, as noted in a prior review, the property is brand new. The rooms are large with a nice desk, and a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall, with plenty of decent cable channels. There was microwave, fridge, both wired and wireless speedy internet, and free unlimited landline phone calling anywhere in the US and Canada. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and all of this at a very reasonable rate. I've paid more for much less nearby.

I departed so early that I didn't get to try the breakfast, unfortunately. There were two somewhat new twists, at least for me: the room keys are RFID cards where you only have to touch the keycard to the door lock, rather than actually putting it into the lock. Secondly, at least in my room, the shower was a built in "room," which was no problem, but could be if you are expecting a bathtub.

My only complaint, and it is minor, is the addition of a $.99 "service fee" which is basically a junk fee that is really just part of the room rate, yet is listed separately. I hope Choice Hotels is not going down the road of hiding room rates as "fees."

I definitely know where I'm staying in Harrisburg in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Orange, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed in 9 hotels over 20 days this summer. Most were similar to the Sleep Inn regarding amenities (Country Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc.). We chose the Sleep Inn for one night because we were leaving on an early morning flight from the Harrisburg airport. I was under the impression that Sleep Inn was a lower brand than Comfort Inn and Suites, so I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. Large spacious room, wonderful bathroom, very pleasant young woman at desk to greet us and recommend restaurants in the area. While the hotel is located next to a freeway, the rooms are situated sideways minimizing road noise. The room rate was excellent, $110 for the area. We were only at the hotel for 12 hours, had to get up too early to even eat breakfast, so my review is limited. However, we were impressed with the Sleep Inn, Harrisburg. **small note: we stayed on the second floor directly over the breakfast room. I could faintly hear them setting up while we were getting ready to leave around 5:30 AM. I don't think the noise would be enough to wake up someone sleeping, but I recommend asking for a room on the third floor.

• Stayed July 2010
MISSISSAUGA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August 2010.

It is very new and it looks very good. Clean, good service, indoor pool, nice breakfast area, rooms have very comfortable beds.

The location is not in the city core but in my opinion that is good because a lot of the downtown hotel areas are quite run down. That said, it is less than 10 minutes from the hotel to the Capitol Building so you can get an idea of how close it is.

One thing that is a little confusing is that they share an access driveway with the Rodeway Inn next door and therefore, they are currently sharing an address as well. I notice that the Rodeway Inn on this site actually has a picture of this Sleep Inn so until a picture for this hotel is attached you can check it out there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AWOL1
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

I am completely amazed at this new hotel. The room has eight framed black & white framed photos and a three-piece canvas art on the walls, a large LG flat screen, great work desk and chair, awesome mattress and five pillows on the king bed, a couch, hard-wired AND wireless free Internet, plenty of space and a roomy bathroom. Incredibly clean, looks good inside and out, and the front desk staff was very friendly. All highway hotels should be this good!

Stayed June 2010, traveled solo