“AWESOME hotel!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #22 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've stayed at many a hotel due to business travel, and I declare this is a great place to stay.

Breakfast is huge and includes anything for people on many diets - there was fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, boiled eggs, and quite decent coffee.

The pool is clean and fitness center is ample.

All staff members were courteous and extraordinarily friendly.

The beds were quite comfy as well! STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest,
We declare we would love to have you anytime you are in our area! Thank you so much for this 5 Star Review!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I had a wonderful time at the Sleep Inn. While on tour with my group we stayed here and the service was absolutely spot on. The staff was kind and courteous. The breakfast bar was delicious. The rooms were clean and the beds were more than comfortable! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for your 5 STAR review on Tripadvisor! We hope you visit us again very soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference that was nearby. The room was huge, modern, bed so comfortable, huge vanity in bathroom, just overall a great stay. The gentleman that checked me in was really personable and funny and made you feel very comfortable. Cute little work out room and small pool - just enough. Would totally return to this property. I know some people are not familiar with this brand but most of the new ones are great deals, and really offer an amazing value. Kind of reminds me of how Hampton use to be when they first opened and catered to people traveling in and out. I also asked if it was new because you got that sense when you walked in and to my surprise it was three years old.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review of our property! We are so happy that we have succeeded in your guest expectations of us! Come back soon!
Sincerley,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very clean and spacious room, nice staff, quiet neighborhood, walking distance of a very good restaurant, but most of all, one can open the window and breath fresh air. This is definitely a luxury! Not to mention the excellent breakfast. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane182176

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for visiting us and taking the time to respond with an outstanding review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com! We hope you come back again soon.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We needed an overnight and found the management and employees and accommodations of this Sleep Inn & Suites to be very favorable and welcoming! We were given a great price for what we believe was a suite and it was beautiful and it was like a home away from home! Nice decor; great bed and pillows; and a good breakfast with lots of options was also available.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne B

Dear Guest,
We are so glad to have you as a member of our Sleep Inn family! We appreciate you so much. Thank you for visiting with us!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel seems decent upon arrival - decent lobby & friendly staff. However...the hand towels in our room were COVERED with hair. I'm not talking just one hair....I'm talking 10 long black hairs matted in our towel. Not just one towel either! A hand towel and a washrag both had hairs matted in them. Additionally our tub had several hairs that had to be cleaned off before I could give my 4 year old a shower! GROSS! I took the towels to the front desk and they told me that I couldn't get a discount or rebate because I prepaid for my room :( Next comes the continental breakfast. We came to Harrisburg for the Great American Outdoor Show for 2 days. We planned to being able to eat our breakfast at the hotel so we wouldn't have to spend extra time and money going out to eat. The breakfast was supposed to run from 6AM-10AM but at 8AM there was no food left!! They have a container with hot food but there was only 4-5 dried up sausages...we had 5 people with us so that didn't do us much good. Needless to say we had to pay that extra money to eat out. We won't be staying here next year!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed in this place twice in the last few months. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, the place is very clean, the BEDS and PILLOWS are outstanding and extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms are clean and spacious. Amenities include flat screen TV, small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker with Maxwell House coffee pods. No tea. The bathroom amenities are spartan, with small soaps and shampoo and conditioner of a general variety, and a hair dryer. FREE WI-FI!!! Breakfast is included and contains packets of Quaker Oats, some dry cereals (rice crispies and fruity pebbles), lower end quality apples and oranges, baked goods and waffles. Coffee is out of a machine and is not great. For the money and an overnight stay, you can't beat the value. And did I mention the friendliness of all the staff?

Room Tip: Ask for a room not near the elevators... the noise can keep you up at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank me4gas1
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Me4gas1,
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting a review about your stay! We are very happy that you liked our hotel and hope you stay with us on your return trips to Harrisburg! I do have good news! We are stepping up our game with our coffee. We currently serve the same coffee brewed at your local McDonalds. We will soon be purchasing an upgraded version and hope you stop by to try it out and let us know if you like it!
Erin Lysaght