“Great value!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, New Jersey
“Great value!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

HDTV with lots of channels, wall mounted flat screen in each room, very fast dependable wifi/ ethernet jack internet, nice business center with scanner, very comfortable, clean and quite. Hotel is practically brand new. Staff very friendly. Free hot breakfast with lots of table space and TV in eating area. Rooms have tall ceilings to give a large home feel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear JazQ1,
Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to post a fantastic review of our hotel! We hope you visit us again and check out the TV's in our King Suites. They pull away from wall and you can angle them any which way you want to! We hope to have you back again soon!
Erin Lysgaht CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Buxton, NC
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We needed an inexpensive place to stay on our way up to NY and this hotel fit the bill. It was very clean and our room was spacious and nice. The breakfast was good with lots of choices and we were really blown away by the friendly and helpful staff. Target and other stores just 5 minutes away as well as many restaurant options. The small pool was just big enough to give our 5 year old a place to burn off some energy after a full day in the car. I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Carolyn S,
Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent road trip! We are extremely pleased that we were able to offer you the things you needed to make your trip great. We do hope that your travels bring you back to visit us again soon!
Sincerely yours in hospitality,
Erin Lysaght, CHA
CHESTERTOWN
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our room was clean, modern, and comfortable, and the hotel is just seconds away from a diner that was perfect for a late dinner after Hersheypark. The bed was so comfortable that we slept like logs. We were on the top floor, at the end of the hallway, so our room was nice and quiet as well. The only downside? No hot water. The water from the sink tap was somewhat warm, but the water from the shower was barely tepid. We only stayed one night, so it was no big deal, but it was a bit of a bummer not to have a nice hot shower before we hit the road. The desk clerk was sympathetic and promised to have someone check it out.

That said, we would definitely stay here again. It's an easy drive to Hershey, the room was spotless, and the price was right ($82 booked through Expedia).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I am a retired business man and have traveled all over the US and stayed in alot of hotel etc. i have not stayed in a hotel for travel for probable 10yrs. i was attending a Viet Nam Veteran US Army Unit Reunion for Veterans Day and was suggested to stay at this hotel. I was very impressed with the entire experience, check in very efficient, room-great, spacious and very clean, moring breakfest very good to start my day, and the attendant was very good in all aspects. Check out was quick and efficient and easy as well. will stay again very soon on my travels.

Room Tip: good value and very comfortable
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mr. William B,
Thank you so much for your service to our nation and for choosing our hotel during Veteran's Day. We are honored to have you and are extremely thankful for your wonderful review. Please do be our guest anytime!
Sincerely honored to serve you,
Erin Lysaght CHA
Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have stayed at this location on 3 other different times over the past several years and this property continues to excel in many ways. We checked in early and the front desk gentleman was very accommodating. The room was very clean and the bedding was comfortable. The water pressure could be better in the shower, but it was fine. The breakfast staff was always restocking the food. I love staying here as the shopping is close by for me while my husband can relax and watch TV and relax.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for being our valued guest over the past couple years. We truly appreciate your business. Our goal is to excel in housekeeping, old school hospitality with a modern twist. We are always trying to find new ways to enhance our guess experiences! Thank you so much for this review and we will see you next time!
Sincerely yours in Harrisburg,
Erin Lysaght CHA
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Another couple and my husband and myself stayed at this hotel and we all were very satisfied with the rooms, the services, and especially the front desk staff. The woman who was at the desk on the night we arrived (10/24/13) could not have been nicer or more helpful; she went out of her way to assist us with dinner plans, cab service, and procuring our seat assignment forms for our flight home, I'm sorry that I do not remember her name. Also, on the morning that we checked out, Angel, who was on duty at the front desk, was also most helpful.

Green Features: I am always happy when hoteliers are mindful oaf the environmental issues.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pidge1942
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel experience, ever. I was in town for a funeral, so I was miserable, before I checked in. I called ahead to see if I could get an early check in...and when I arrived, I was greeted BY NAME at the door by Angel...who not only made sure the room was ready, but made sure I had hot towels from the dryer! These little things were greatly appreciated.

It was a sold-out weekend but I never felt lost in the shuffle. I was always greeted when I was in the lobby and the evening cookies were fantastic.

I travel to Harrisburg often and this will be the ONLY hotel I will ever stay at.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo