“Can't Complain” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Central PA
“Can't Complain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a newer hotel and I was definitely impressed when I walked into my room--quite nice! Very well appointed and large. Everyone was friendly, and breakfast was surprisingly delicious! Convenient location, not far off of 83. I don't love venturing out on my own for fear of getting lost, but if you take a left ouf of the hotel parking lot, you will find just about everything you could want within a half mile, and without having to jump back on any major roads. I really liked that. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation. Wish I had brought my swimsuit, because I never saw anyone in the pool, and it looked very nice. My only nit-picks would be that the bathroom wasn't completely spotless, but certainly nothing so terrible that I bothered to complain (and their guest services booklet does encourage guests to please let them know right away if anything is unacceptable, so that shows they do care). A soap dish by the bathroom sink would have been great, and the cord could have been longer on the hair dryer. Again, nit-picky. The walk-in shower was awesome, bed was cozy, air/heat wasn't noisy, and always love having microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Really couldn't ask for much more!

Room Tip: Mine faced the Rodeway Inn and 83, and I wasn't bothered by road noise. I wouldn't worry mu...
Green Features: I always feel so much better about staying in a hotel that is serious about environmentally-friendly practices!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed at Harrisburg Sleep Inn on 3 different occasions. Each time, I have been impressed with the comfort and cleanliness of the room, the high quality of the breakfast, and the graciousness of the staff.

Room Tip: All 3 stays, rooms in different locations exceeded my expectations.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SoupsOn9
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with the vineyard package and had a blast!

The day manager, Erin, is fabulous!! She made our stay!

They have incredible rooms, especially considering the star rating. Very clean & well-appointed. The pool was nice & the breakfast was great.

Not a single complaint!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Room was clean and updated! Stayed here because they work together with Hershey Vineyard and Premier #1Limo service providing great rates and Limo service to the event. Early check in and late check out! Enjoyed a delicious FREE breakfast that offered hot and cold items. The staff was pleasant and went out of their way to ensure you had a wonderful stay! Will be back next year!

Room Tip: If you plan on sleeping in make sure your room isn't next to the housekeeping room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We chose to stay here based on the location, price, and reviews on Tripadvisor - SO glad we did! The hotel was spotless and fairly new. The room was clean and had everything we needed. We were in search of a wheelchair accessible hotel which is hard to come by believe it or not. Everything- the parking, the property, the room, the bathroom, the shower, was exactly what we needed! The staff was very friendly and even had fresh cookies baking when we were checking in. The FREE breakfast was full of eggs, make your own waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, etc... and was also very clean and sanitary. Just today I received a hand written 'thank you' for my comments and our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for a lot of reasons. If you are going to Hershey it was a short 5 minute drive away and right near a lot of restaurants and shopping. AWESOME!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jess h
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Jess H,
It is our pleasure to provide you with exceptional hospitality services at our hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Newport, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My grandson and I had a wonderful visit to PA. We went to Gettysburg , church camp and visited family in the area. Our time at the Sleep Inn turned out to be an unexpected part of the FUN. My grandson (10) loved the pool and work out equipment , enjoyed the cable and loved the waffles at breakfast. As for the old guy traveling with him it was great location, clean and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful with our requests for directions and things to do in the area.

For josh and I it will definitely be our base of operations again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We will be very happy to you and your grandsons "base of operations" anytime! Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing our hotel in tripadvisor! We look forward to having your family back to provide more FUN!
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Bed bugs. The room initially looked decent. Our first night was very restless. The paperthin walls resulted in hearing everything the rooms next to us were doing. The next day we layed the kids done for a nap and there it was...crawling across the pillow..a male bed bug. I caught the bug with a cup and took it downstairs to the front desk. By the look on the face of the guy working the front this was not the first sighting. We were immediately moved to another room, but were still charged for the night before and were given a discounted rate of $50 for the second night. I slept horrible. It felt like bugs were constantly crawling all over me. I got up several times to check. This room also had paper thin walls.

The pool is extremely small. It was crowded with 6 kids in it.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank VoteRep
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so sorry you experienced this at our facility. All hotels experience this problem and prevention is the key. There is not anything any hotel can do to complete eradicate this issue or I promise we would have done it. It is all about prevention. In the month of August- your room was unoccupied for just 3 days. The entire hotel had availability for only 5 days out of the month- all other days were sold out. Thus- it limits what we can do as far as prevention. We utilize and have in place a prevention and treatment plan. We use AAA Enviro Pest Management Services who can be reached at 1-888-556-7888 and reports of our hotel can be directly emailed to you at your request. I am very sorry that you met this problem and I hope you never have to meet it again! Please contact me at your leisure and we may discuss your hotel bill. I can be reached at 717-564-8888 ext 110 or gm.pa558@choicehotels.com.