“Great value; nice staff”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Did a one day overnight stay. The hotel has been recently updated. Very tasteful and stylish for a value hotel. The staff (Matthew and Angel) were very nice and even brought us cookies when they were finished baking. This is a good place to stay if you're looking for a nice place on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor.com and for mentioning Angel and Matthew. We truly value our team members and we are so happy that you enjoyed your visit! Please come back and get more cookies from us anytime!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice, once (planned) on our way to NYC and then unplanned as we returned home. We altered our plans to stay at this hotel specifically on our way back.

The hotel is new and/or well-matintained. The price is low making this a great value. Beds are comfortable. The room temperature can be easily controlled by digital thermostat. The bathrooom is nicer than any of the bathrooms in my home and clean. There is a flat panel TV with more HD channels than there usually are in hotels in this price range.

Breakfast was above average with eggs, sausage, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, waffle makers, cereal, pastries, etc.

The three staff members we met were helpful and acted like human beings instead of check-in robots. We were met with cookies upon check-in.

Someone thought it would be a good idea to smoke in the 100% smoke-free hotel while we were there. I won't hold that against the hotel. Walls are a bit thin but standard for this type of construction. I slept well and wasn't distrubed by noise. My two teenage children commented several times how much they like this hotel during our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your stay and wonderful review of our hotel. It speaks volumes to say you would travel out of your way just to stay with us. Thank you for thinking of us as your home away from home as we think of you and all of our guests as part of our family!
Thanks again!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stopped here for the night while traveling from NC to NYS. The staff was friendly and gave us a good rate on a room. The room was spotless and had a king sized bed. we have always had great luck with Sleep Inns and we look to stay in them whenver we can!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you so much for visiting us on your way up the east coast! We hope your travels land you back here some day! Thank you!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before and since I was part of a bus tour, we stopped here kind of late and I was looking forward to a good night's rest. The room was modern, clean and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it the next morning. Never checked out the rest of the facilities - I just want that bed again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay and wonderful review of our fine facility! Our beds are indeed awesome and we are extremely happy that you came to our hotel on a bus tour! Did you walk our red carpet as well?

Reviewed November 2, 2012

General Property Conditions - Excellent. When you walk in the lobby is bright and inviting. The decor is fresh and modern. The building is essentially a shoebox with no character, but once you inside you forget that. The pool is tiny and four feet deep at its deepest, but it's clean and well stocked with towels, several chaises and numerous windows.

Breakfast - standard fare. The eggs were meh, but the sausage good, two waffle makers (a +), typical muffins, bread, bagel choices. Nicely stocked fridge with eggs and yogurt. Nice clean eating area with a flat panel TV. Good coffee. you ought to be able to find some nourishment here.

Staff - exceptionally friendly and helpful. Volunteered help without being asked.

Rooms - excellent bed and pillows, very nice furnishings and decor. Truly set up so you could work in the room. Ample clean towels, fresh smell and a thermostat on the wall, now you set a temp and the room not the window is monitored.

Location - I've got no idea what constitutes a good location in Harrisburg, but there were plenty of restaurants and a Target nearby. And it's right off a highway.

Nice laundry room, tho only one washer and dryer so it could get crowded.

As evacuees from Sandy, this place far exceeded my expectations for a hotel under $100 per night, found at the last minute. My son loved the hot chocolate. Did I say it was quiet? Oriented properly so most rooms don't face the nearby highway.

Room Tip: Even rooms, higher numbers are further from highway and apt to be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the superior review of our hotel and for leaving a great tip for other travelers! We take pride in our hotel and feel great that you are happy with your stay! Thank you again and we hope to see you again!
Erin Lysaghtt

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've stayed in a lot of hotels this year, and have to say that my recent night spent in the Sleep Inn ranks well toward the top. It's been a couple of years since I've been at a Sleep Inn, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

First impressions count a lot when checking into a hotel, and on this front the front-desk staff, "Angel," got high marks. He was friendly and welcoming, efficient, and clearly explained everything we needed to know to make our stay go well. (If you think I'm too easy with my praise, see my vividly contrasting review of the Clarion Inn in Strasburg by clicking on my "other reviews" link.) When checking out the next morning, "Matthew" was equally helpful and efficient. I generally find that this sort of positive attitude among front-desk staff is indicative of the quality and pride that the management takes in a hotel. Surly staff often mirror a substandard facility.

We had a king-bed room, which was very spacious. I'd call it a mini-suite, I guess. The living area was not separate from the bed area, but it did have a sleeper sofa, desk, nice flat-screen TV, etc. Plenty of room for two people and also perfectly workable for a family of four. The bathroom was clean and well designed, and the shower was an interesting and very roomy walk-in design. There was a small frig and microwave in the room, too. The room was quiet enough for me, and I'm a light sleeper, so bonus points for that.

Breakfast was very good, with waffles (of course), eggs, two types of sausage, cereal, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, etc. Plenty of choices. The seating area was of a good size, too, and the food area was well laid out and made it easy for everyone to get what they needed to eat without all bunching up.

The hotel is a short drive from the PA Turnpike exit, probably less than 5 minutes, and is also convenient to other nearby interstates. We ate dinner just down the road at the "Lancaster Brewing Company," which was pretty good. Ask in the hotel for 20%-off coupons.

All in all, a very good stay. We'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you so much for awesome compliments and wonderful observations of our hotel! We really appreciate all of our employees and we are blessed to have a wonderful staff! You are very correct in that we take absolute pride in our hotel establishment and we truly love our guests. Personally, I have been working in the hotel industry for the past 17 years starting as a telephone operator at the age of 16. We truly try our best :-)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very friendly staff. Very clean and a beauiful room. Have stayed away from Sleep Inns because of bad experiences but this one changes my mind. Breakfast area clean and well stocked. Can't say enough. Thank you to the staff for a very pleasant stay. Yes, the hotel is a little out of the way but very well worth it. Will stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your awesome review and recent stay at our hotel! Tripadvisor is a wonderful tool to use when travelling and choosing the right hotel to stay. Thank you so much again and we hope to have you as our guest again soon!