“Awsome”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Awsome”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

These employees had friendly hospitality, the manager there Erin was very very helpful. thank you guys so much for making our stay worth while. -Kayla

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Kayla,
It was our pleasure having you as a guest! Keep up your great work with the kids! Anytime you need a place to stay over- please don't hesitate to ask!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Delanson
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Highly recommend this hotel. It was new, clean, comfortable and the personnel were friendly, helpful and most accomodating. Kudos to Kara who could not do enough to provide information that we needed both for the hotel and the surrounding area, helping us find places we were looking for. (supposedly she had only been there two weeks, but already she was an accomplised hostess). Overall excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: Clean and quiet. Hotel is close to many tourist sites and very accessible, right off the highway...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent stay and comments regarding Cara. Cara is a fantastic asset to our team. She is ready to help our guests with whatever they need or request. If she is unable to help- she will find someone who can! I have shared this with her and thanked her for her hard work and dedication! Thank you for noticing, being our guest, and taking the time to post here on tripadvisor.com!
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Recently stayed one night. Relatively new hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a king suite which was very nice for $80 a night, roomy and comfortable. Breakfast was normal hotel quick food fare. The area was clean and the gentleman working the area was very attentive. Several dining options nearby. Free internet was useful.

Room Tip: King suite has large walk in shower, but no tub if one is needed.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wantwogolf
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post! We try very hard to give the right service, at the right price, at the right time. We have one of the best breakfast attendants during the week- his name is Hemant- he owns the Sleep Inn. Hemant and I are extremely hands on in our effort to bring a fantastic hospitality experience to every guest who stays with us! Thank you again!
NJ
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed here in October of 2011 during an overnight trip to Hershey, bad bad idea. Upon checking in after a long night at Hershey Park in the Dark with two small kids, we were looking forward to a good nights rest, that never happened. The "manager" checked up into a room on the 1st floor right outside of the indoor pool....I thgouth to myseld "oh no", but took a breathe and hoped for the best. We didnt even make down the hall before I was run down by half dressed children screaming through the halls, not the kids fault, I blame the parents that allow their kids to behave this way. We entered the room anyway thinking its late and those children would soon have to go to sleep....wrong again.....as the kids proceed to knock on all the doors and run away....cute right? Needless to say, we filed out of the room and headed straight to the front desk where the "manager" had that "oh no, they are going to complain look" on her face. I told her the situation and I wanted to be moved to another room....and of course I get the ole' "we are booked solid"....I stopped her short and told her I know a lot about hospitality and I know you must have at least one available room at all times (in case of emergencies)......she said well we do have one room, but the TV doesn work....I told her I didnt care but I wanted the room and a discount, she unhappily agreed. We proceeded to our new room...on an upper floor.....and off to sleep we went.

I was so disgusted by this hotel, that in the morning we didnt stay for breakfast, as it looked meek at best.

P.S. I dont know anything about hospitality, I just did what I had to do to get another room...lol......and it worked!

Room Tip: Upper floor away from the pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank BellaPhia
Russell PA
Reviewed January 29, 2012

A friend and I decided to a somewhat impromtu outing to the Farm Show. After reviewing a number of hotels in this area it looked like anything close to the complex was old and for lack of a better term ... nasty! I made the reservation (one night only). It was easy to get to and we instantly were made to feel comfortable when arriving. We were offered a choice of floors and just made, warm, cookies! The room was clean; heater did not wake you up when it came on; and was quiet even though we were close to the outside doors. Great job Sleep Inns & AJ! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel! We hope you come back soon!
Reviewed January 23, 2012

They surely make you feel like home. We have been there for along time due to the flood. They really put a smile on the kids faces on Christmas eve when Santa came with a big sack of toys. Thanks again everyone for making us feel like home.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you so much for your AMAZING review of our hotel! We hope you visit us again soon!
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Great location. Superb staff and immaculate rooms. I just stayed at this location this past weekend(January 20-22) for a business trip. Its my first stay in a Sleep Inn and based on my experience this weekend, I will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again and again and again. From the GM to the breakfast attendant they truly understand customer service! The hotel is conveniently located near everything. The staff has been well trained to offer suggestions on dining shopping and sightseeing. Keep up the outstanding service!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room with king size bed. I loved the shower design and the room was super clean appoin...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
elysaght, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Lisa,
Thank you very much for your recent stay and review of our hotel! We really enjoyed having you and we are happy you are happy! Hopefully you will be able to stay with us again soon!