“Beautiful setting, disappointing food”
Review of Mount Hill Tavern - CLOSED

Mount Hill Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Linglestown Road
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant is in a beautiful stone building; I chose to eat outside as it was a beautiful evening, but the taste of the food and the knowledge of the server disappointed. My friend and I split an appetizer of Arancini with Beef Bolognese made with Australian Wagyu Beef - the sauce was so salty that it detracted from the other flavors. For an entree, I ordered the half portion of Pork Sugo, which was supposed to be Wayne Nells and Sons pork, plum tomatoes, red wine, ginger, star anise, garlic and freshly made pappardelle pasta. The past was tasty, but the sauce was nearly identical in taste to the Arancini sauce, except there was a bit of hot pepper in it. My friend had ordered the same thing, and we were both puzzled. That dish was salty as well. I won't be returning. The place is a bit pretentious and haughty, and pricey to boot. I can't recommend this place. If you want something REALLY good and are willing to pay more, I'd drive down to Restaurant Sidney in East Berlin. The food there is worth the extra drive!

2  Thank mimififi
There are newer reviews for Mount Hill Tavern

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Have had good experiences for lunch, even though the menu is somewhat limited. Great sitting on the deck. Wife and I had dinner there last night and it was a big disappointment. My wife's steak didn't look appetizing and the quality and taste was what you would expect at a fast food steakhouse - and the price was $34. My pasta dish was OK, but at $22 would expect it to be excellent. The cheese plate was good, but had only three cheeses and again for $13 would expect more. The service was good. Won't be back for dinner.

1  Thank Charles D
Reviewed August 5, 2013

this evening's small college reunion necessitated a special location and a special meal....our expectations were few: a nice site, possibly outdoors, and a nice meal.
we had a beautiful meal at the mount hill tavern. every aspect was excellent. the grounds were peak from our seat on the terrace. the appetizer cheese plate was wonderful and artfully presented on a slate board. the breads were exceptionally unusual and tasty....and the entree i selected,pad thai with tofu, offered a vegetarian choice that was more creative than many others i get to choose from. it was well seasoned with lime and cilantro. we loved the frozen chocolate souffle...and the bloody mary was peppery and well presented. it was a great meal and the service was outstanding.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We LOVE this place. The ambiance is wonderful. From the cozy dining room with fireplace to the bar area, to my favorite area....the patio. I can honestly say I have eaten here at least 50 times over the past several years either for lunch, happy hour, or dinner. I love that the menu changes per season offering new and seasonal entree's and appetizers.

They a selection of craft brews on tap, again on a rotating basis, and an extensive wine list.

The servers are professional and attentive. Recently I rented the Tavern Room for an event and they did a wonderful job! I would highly recommend this place for an after work drink and dinner. The lunch service is fantastic as well.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The lobster was delicious and the steak was tender(perfectly cooked) the house salad was fantastic. My mojito drink was great, me and my husband had a wonderful time tonight! I asked for a quiet table and got to set in a beautiful room by ourselves.We will definitely be back and tell all of our friends how the food was great and the staff was so friendly :)