“Narrow but nice size suites w/ seating/desk area”

SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A little pricey at $150.00 a night, but 2 queen suite was very clean, fairly spacious, and had decent breakfast selections. Having shower area separate from the toilet/sink is a great idea. Staff were nice. Thankful for the hair dryer as I didn't pack mine. Close to Farm Complex where I went for a conference. Would definitely stay here again unless overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2014
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. As you had mentioned, very close to the PA Farm Show Complex - just 2 miles away! There are many events, including city wide events, that this complex brings into town causing the hotel to be very busy. Our hotel does have the complimentary parking, full breakfast, internet and newspapers included in the overnight rate. We would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed here to go to Hershey Park. The hotel was clean and the staff was very pleasant. Both hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. Having asked for a room away from the highway (at the advice of other reviewers), we had no issues with noise. But the fridge in our room was broken, and the bathroom sink in the other room did not drain. Fortunately, there are actually two sinks in the room. The other problem was the room temperature which was 77 degrees (too hot!) unless the air conditioner was running continuously; I did not mind having to keep the air conditioner running but apparently that disturbed the other occupant's sleep ("too windy") so we did not sleep well. The breakfast buffet in the morning is very good. In fact, it is such a good complimentary breakfast that I watched people hoard piles and piles of food. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: At the advice of other reviewers, I asked for a room away from the highway and there were no issues...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We apologize for the challenges with the room. We do have a preventative maintenance program in place, but we certainly missed something. We are glad to hear that you did enjoy your stay and will visit us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

One of the most friendly and easy to use Hotels I have ever stayed with. Personnel are super nice, courteous and knowledgeable of the local area. Tammie is one of the coolest hostess I have had the pleasure to know. She is helpful and makes sure everyone is well taken care of.

Room Tip: The Bartender has alot of skills.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will certainly pass along your comments to Tammie. We are happy to have her as part of our team. On behalf of all our team, we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I travel frequently (business and pleasure), predominantly in the Northeast. I love Marriott properties because they are consistently clean, comfortable, and safe, so I expected a positive experience. This stay was much more than that! From the moment I entered, the modern décor was inviting and very chic. Who knew that Tiffany blue and tangerine were a good match! The room was equally inviting - well equipped, super-clean, and spacious. Separate bath spaces would really be accommodating for a family, although I travelled alone. However, the best part of the hotel was truly the staff - professional, knowledgeable, and genuinely pleasant and this included EVERY staff person that I encountered, from maintenance to management. I wish I remembered specific names, but kudos to the entire team.

I travel bi-monthly to Harrisburg, and this will definitely be my new lodging of choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey and your your Marriott loyalty. We appreciate the feedback from our guests as it offers us insight as to the product and service that we provide. We will certainly pass your comments along to our team. We would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us bi-monthly.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at Springhill Suites for travels to Harrisburg over the past five years. The facility is always clean and updated. The staff has always done whatever is needed to make your stay enjoyable. It is great to have the lounge which can also provide you with a great sandwich when you arrive and just want to relax.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey over the past 5 years. We truly appreciate the loyalty. We are glad that you enjoy the hotel and the lounge. It is a perfect location to relax, have a beverage and have a sandwich. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel was excellent in every way. Two gentlemen I had the pleasure of encountering were extremely friendly and nice, Jeff and Posey. They always had smiles on their faces and always respectfully greeted me each day. The front desk staff was very friendly too, although I did not get their names. The complimentary breakfast bar was nice, and had hot food. The only minor set back was one evening my spouse telephoned me, and was put on hold for a while, not getting through to me but other than that the hotel was great.

Room Tip: Request a room on the opposite side of the interstate as they are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience to your spouse about being placed on hold for a period of time. We strive to offer excellent customer service whether it be through the phone or in person. We would welcome the opportunity for yo to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while visiting family in town. It was a very enjoyable stay. The hotel seems new, with a stylish lobby, breakfast area, and a small bar. We had a king room/suite, ultra modern décor. There is a small living area with a sofa, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a separate bath and shower room. The shower was a nice size walk-in. The free breakfast was good! Lots of hot/cold options, including yogurt, and fresh fruits. We were there before 8am both days, but as we would leave the hotel around 830am or so it was insanely crowded with lots of families. It was Easter weekend so I think that was to be expected. The only complaint I have has nothing to do with the hotel. There is construction work on the bridge right before the turn to the hotel and have it closed. The detour sign is placed right at the bridge so you do not know till your there. I recommend calling the hotel to see if the construction is still going on. We went to Cafe Fresco (really good Asian fusion) for dinner one night downtown. We didn't want to drive there so we called a taxi. It was nice not to worry about driving and where to park. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in town.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We appreciate your wonderful comments. The construction on the bridge near the hotel was a challenge for us for a couple of days but has since ended. We are happy to hear that you will stay with us again the next time in town.