“Superb Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Largo, Florida
“Superb Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First off, I need to mention Michelle and Sean, they made my stay absolutely wonderful. When I walked in the hotel in the evening, Sean called me by first name, and said hey there "Elliott". how was your day. Michelle is also a very professional who will provide the best customer service that I have ever seen. I was or rather had been in the past staying at the Hampton Inn, and I wasn't sure about this hotel chain, but again, the room was being paid for on this trip by someone else.
And I am glad that happened. The room was beyond my expectations, the shower was exactly as I am having my bathroom at home remodeled, so I was in heaven. The staff here is awesome, and when I return on business again, I will tell my management to book me right back here. The coffee in the morning is great tasting. Its just a wonderful place to stay, and at 1.3 miles from my office, I love it. This place is the place to stay if you are here for any reason in the Harrisburg, PA area. Also, Angela the Hotel manager, and Jackie are wonderful too as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will request to stay with us again. Our Staff strives to offer excellent service and we will be sure to pass along your comments. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Hebrew first
Islip Terrace, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been traveling to this area for almost 2 years. This hotel and staff make it feel like home. Kudos to Sean and Michelle at the front desk and Aline who is the master bartender...

Thanks for making me feel welcome every time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us as your home away from home. The Staff and Management of the SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey appreciate your comments. We look forward to you continuing to stay with us.
Floral Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel, this past weekend while we went to Hershey Park. It is about a 20 minute drive from the park. The place is nice and clean. The room is a very nice size. The only weird part is that the bathroom is right in front of the bed, not off to the side like most hotels I've been to. So, if you are sleeping and someone needs to go to the bathroom it is a bit on the noisy side. The other thing that might cause you a problem, is that it is right off the highway, so we had a room that was facing the highway, which I was able to hear the trucks driving by since the window didn't really block out the sound very well. But I am a pretty light sleeper, so that might be just me and not bother anyone else. The breakfast was pretty good. The lady who had to stock up the supplies as they where running out did a fantastic job during breakfast on Saturday morning. She was really working hard, on Sunday, they weren't as good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHIll Suites Harrisburg Hershey while visiting Hershey. We are just a short drive to Hershey. We appreciate your comments and certainly would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I've traveled for a living since 1998, and have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels. Prior to 1998 I worked for an investment firm that owned shopping centers and hotels, and personally was responsible for managing the hotel properties. So when I say the staff at the Springhill Suites is awesome, I know what I'm talking about.

They understand that their purpose in life is hospitality, and that their success is directly related to their guests' experience.

Everyone in the hotel that I've come in contact with (whether it's a Houseman, Maintenance Manager, Front Desk crew, Sales team, and yes, even the General Manager) have been great. And it's not just with me because I'm in the hotel week after week. I've observed them interact with other guests on a daily basis, and they go out of their way to serve.

I prefer Marriott properties, and when in the Harrisburg area, I stay here!

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor for a quieter experience, as sometimes there are kids in the hotel and they a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We are glad to be your home away from home. The entire Staff and Management are glad to be of service and certainly appreciate your wonderful comments.
Lincoln
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We made a same day reservation and were told there were only two rooms left that had two queen beds and were given a rate of $159. When we arrived, they were unable to find an available room. It was late and we were tired and afraid we had no place to sleep. I asked if they couldn't find our reservation. She told us she found the reservation, but couldn't find a room. She kept saying there weren't any rooms with two queen beds. I explained the number of beds was not a problem - I was told when I made the reservation that it was all they had left. Finally after 30 minutes we got into a king suite but we were charged $179 rather than the $159 we were quoted. I guess because we were so tired and so frustrated at the front desk, when we arrived in the room, we could see nothing but problems - tiny curly hairs on the shower walls, thin ragged towels. I asked to speak to a manager, but was told the manager wouldn't be there until Monday. When I called back on Monday, I was told they would be there until the next week.
We stayed at this hotel in 2011 during Hurrican Irene. There were many guests from the east coast whose homes were flooded. Even during the crisis, the hotel was great at that time. What has happened?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DoryDay
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHIll Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. That certainly is not the way we would like for you to remember us. The General Manager was called out of town but would welcome the opportunity the opportunity to talk with you to address the problems.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed 3 nights while visiting the Hershey area. The hotel was new and seemed to be furnished by Ikea. The rooms were small, the only thing making them a suite was a small desk between the sofa bed and the king bed. There was only a stand up shower and no tub. The breakfast was disgusting. The eggs were cold and there were no attendants replacing items or cleaning. There was cereal all over the counter and floor. I went to the coffee 4 times and found it empty. After the first day we went elsewhere for breakfast. The rooms did have a microwave and refrigerator which was nice. I would stay here again if the options were limited, but wouldn't seek it out.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey. We are apologize for the challenges with breakfast. That is certainly not the norm for our facility. We hope to have the opportunity for you and your family to return so that you can experience what we really are about.
Lake Placid, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, staff was helpful, location was central.

On the negative side- bathrooms offer little privacy and the breakfast buffet was crowded with little room to sit. On the positive side- I asked for extra towels and got an armful. Rooms were quiet and it was easy to locate.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHIll Suites by Marriott Harrisburg Hershey. We appreciate your comments. Our bathrooms do have a unique type of setup with the frosted glass doors. We hope to have the opportunity for you to stay with us again.