“A very good choice”

SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Having stayed at a series of very bad SpringHill Suites earlier this year I was leery of booking this hotel but the TripAdvisor reviews were pretty good and it was very close to my customer location so I took the chance. I am very happy with my decision.

The hotel is in great shape and the staff were all very nice. A couple minor points, though. Everyday I had to ask the breakfast attendant to find the syrup for the waffles! Weird. Since they have two waffle makers and plenty of people taking them up on the offer it would seem a natural thing to put that out at 630 am. Also during my five day stay there was very little variety on the breakfast buffet. About the only difference was between sausage patties or burned bacon (oh yes it was!) a bit more variety would be nice.

If you do stay here be aware that the odd numbered rooms face I-81 and probably are very noisy. I was in an even numbered room facing the parking lot and I could hear some truck noise so I bet I would have had a hard time sleeping across the hall.

Overall this is a very nice hotel and certainly a place I will visit again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived around 6pm and were checked in very quickly. Staff was pleasant and room was great. Beds were super comfortable and my 3yr old loved the pool. The pool was really small but nice enough for a quick dip. The hotel isright off the freeway but not many restaurants near the exit.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at the Springhill for six months 2011 into 2012. The front desk management was great and long term visitors were treated well. A new property opened next door and the young man who managed the from desk staff was moved there and replaced by a lady who did not like the long term visitors. Sad thing, as I was very happy there until she took over. The hotel itself is modern and clean, well situated for the Farm Show Complex and other Harrisburg attractions. I hope front desk management has improved sine I moved on.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the highway are the quietest! First floor has three ways in from the parking lot...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul P
Kirsha D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the SpringHIll Suites Harrisburg Hershey. We appreciate how long you did stay with us. We did have some changes in management when our organization opened the property next door. We apologize if you felt that the hotel did not appreciate you or our long term guests. We truly appreciate your business. We would welcome the opportunity for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here one night. The hotel is relatively new, so it is clean and fresh looking. The location is good...near major highways, Harrisburg and Hershey. Our room was on the far side of the highway, so it was quiet. Breakfast spread was good, too. If coming back to Harrishburg/Hershey, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway!
Reviewed May 25, 2013

A friend and I were traveling to New York from North Carolina and we needed a place to stay for one night. I looked for a hotel near the freeway so we could begin our trip early in the morning.

After a long day of driving we arrived in the early evening. The front desk staff got us checked in quickly and they were able to accomodate our request for room location.

We loved the way the lobby and rooms were decorated and laid out.

We were a little disappoionted that there was not restaraunt on the property. We stopped at the bar for a glass of wine and to ask about dining options.

Aline took care of us and provided us with a list of nearby restaraunts. Aline was so helpful and kind to a couple of very weary travelers. Her advice for places to eat was spot on.

We stayed for only one night because we had to move on but if I needed a place to stay in the area I would not hesitate to return for several nights.

Be sure to enter the GPS address if you are using one to locate this property.

There are separate rooms for the water closet and shower. Both rooms have sinks. Everything you need is provided.

Room Tip: The hotel is next to the freeway. If freeway noise bothers you ask for a room on the other side of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I'm a frequent guest at this hotel, and it's the staff that keeps me coming back. I appreciate how customer-focused they are. There is usually a decent selection at the breakfast bar, and the gym is decent for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the Springhill Suites in Harrisburg, Hershey for a volleyball tournament for our 16 year old daughter. As a volleyball family, we have traveled the tri-state area and stayed in many hotels/motels along the way. I have learned through my travel to, simply, book with Marriott. Our most recent Mariott stay was the best. This hotel was so fresh, modern, clean and convenient. We LOVED the room design. On top of all of that, the staff was super friendly. My daughters and I joked that it felt like we were in Disney World being surrounded by such friendly people. I would recommend it to anyone visiting the Harrisburg Hershey area and attractions. I'm sure we will be back.